We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

reccomended family places to eat in alvor

coventry
Level Contributor
624 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
reccomended family places to eat in alvor

can anyone name good all round value family restaurents in alvor please.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: reccomended family places to eat in alvor

Hi tainteddevil,

There are 3 places that we (a group of 6 previously but next february 17) go, Steak on a stone restaurant called Bourganville, Goodville on the road down to the harbour and a lovely fish restaurant along from the duty free shop on the top road (sorry can't remember the name).

You haven't mentioned the ages of your children so unsure what else to suggest but the Chinese restaurant along from the Taxi rank in Alvor is also a good bet.

Portimao, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: reccomended family places to eat in alvor

Jo & Lloyd who run Na Colina (Ar-Y-Bryn) are great with kids. They do kids portions too. Welsh couple who run it between them. If the kids are young they will give you some crayons and some paper to scribble on while you wait for you food too.

www.alvor-online.com/nacolina.html

Ipswich
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: reccomended family places to eat in alvor

Hi tainteddevil,

have arrived home today from a 2 week holiday in Praia do Vau, mid way between Praia da Rocha and Alvor and have experienced the best (and worst) in dining and drinking. We were a party of 8, age ranging from 15months through teens up to mid 40's and complete with 2 push chairs to navigate around as well.

In Alvor, can fully reccommend Goodville (good quality, mid price,excellent service- a verandah table upstairs in the evening is superb) The Crows Nest for daytime (proper English Breakfast and good quality snacks - English owned and very child friendly) La Pizzeria (traditional home cooked Italian Cuisine - very reasonable and superb pizzas with friendly service) the Sports Bar for daytime and evening snacks, sports,music and child friendly, XL Bar for evening drinks and DJ, The Black Stove ( welcoming Irish Bar for all the family with great entertainment) and any one of the Seafood Restaurants around the Harbour (pricey but well worth a visit)

If you want any more information on Alvor or intend taking a trip or 2 to Praia do Rocha (worth a visit duing the day for the family) and wish to know what to avoid or expect, feel free to contact me.

Kind regards

Ireland
Level Contributor
30 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: reccomended family places to eat in alvor

Just back from a week in Alvor - just one place to avoid - Ababuja down at the front. Looks lovely with fish being barbecued on the seafront. Looked really busy but was so disappointing. I had eaten fish solidly for 5 days so ordered a fillet steak - it was appalling. My boyfriend had seabass and while it was good but not great - was the most expensive main course of the holiday at 28euros...

The Lusitania is really good and great value for fish and the Moriscos bar is great with beer great value. If you want a treat (not so much family though) try Canico in the Prainha village - amazing location and excellent food.

scotland
Level Contributor
206 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: reccomended family places to eat in alvor

I am going back for my fourth holiday to Alvor. Part of the reason I am returning is the fantastic choice of restaurants and good food. The only place I would avoid is Somewhere Else Stone Grill. The food was not great, toilets dirty and lots of cats. Next to this is a very friendly restaurant with great food called Galleria. There is an ice cream/crepe/waffle place next door too which is a nice treat for the children. Vagabondo, Adega d'alvor are also well worth a visit. Across from Adega d'alvor there is a very well priced pizzeria. I have 3 young children and find them very well catered for in Alvor.

6. Re: reccomended family places to eat in alvor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Alvor