We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from Alvor to Vilamoura

scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
126 reviews
Save Topic
travel from Alvor to Vilamoura

Can anyone tell my apart from hiring a car how I can visit Vilamoura from Alvor?

Many thanks

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Olhos de Agua
Level Contributor
1,592 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel from Alvor to Vilamoura

hi,

the best way is rent a ar. There are many rent cars in Alvor with nice prices ( more and less 130 euros / 3 days a small car ) and is better rent when you arrive because you can see the best rent car with the best price. however I send you one site:

www.europcar.pt

Is easy go to Vilamoura from alvor ( 1 hour by car ) and you can go to Tavira ( more 1 hour ) and Spain. 1 day is enought but if you want see better, go to different beach, rent 3 days. in tourism they give you maps and roads are very good.

good holidays,

Leonor

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
772 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel from Alvor to Vilamoura

Fairly certain that this can be done by bus with a change at Albufeira bus station.Have a look here : thomasallen.home.sapo.pt/travel/002w.htm

for more details.For confirmation from a true expert on the subject, contact 'cubsur' by private message.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,510 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel from Alvor to Vilamoura

I have done that exact trip twice in the past week (not through choice either!)

There are six direct buses Alvor - Albufeira weekdays, four on Saturdays and Sundays. |Costs €3.75 one way. Journey takes about an hour but then of course you have to get from the bus station into town on the local bus, anther €1, or about 15 minutes walk.

If going by car you have to park outside the old town centre anyway, as there is no parking for visitors except for the multi-storey car park which is always full.

Alvor - Albufeira at 0750, 1035 (not at weekends), 1220, 1435 (not at weekends), 1620 and 1820; Albufeira - Alvor (sensible journeys) at 1030, 1415, 1615 (not at weekends) and 1800.

Not many options. The more adventurous could try going via Portimao which allows more choices but slightly fraught with connectional issues as I know!

scotland
Level Contributor
217 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel from Alvor to Vilamoura

Thanks this gives me something to think about

5. Re: travel from Alvor to Vilamoura

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 20:18
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations