We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurante O'Alcaide

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Topic
Restaurante O'Alcaide

Can someone explain to me exactly where this is? Thinking of trying it but don't know where it is... heard it is near the taxi rank or the markert down a side street? Is it good?

Cheers, Graham.

Edited: 30 June 2011, 00:50
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

if you bear left heading uphill into the town from the taxi rank you will pass a pub called the black stove on the right, next door is a pub called the lounge turn right here and the restaurant is maybe 20 yards on the right hand side

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

cheers.

Edited: 30 June 2011, 09:43
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

I went there with my partner the other week and wasn't overly impressed to be honest.

It was a nice place with plenty of character and the staff were very attentive but the I found the food was a little bland.

I personally preferred Bouganvilla and Georgettes which are in a similar price range.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
25 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

I found the food very good at this place. Down a small side street and nothing to look at from the outside. However, the service was very good and reasonably priced.

The Bouganvilla on the other hand was absolutely diabolical. Cold tasteless food and very overated.

Georgets would be as good as O'Alcaide.

scotland
Level Contributor
206 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

I'm just back and can recommend this restaurant.

bristol
Level Contributor
50 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

Just returned from Alvor and can definately recommend O'Alcaide. Excellent food, excellent service and reasonably priced.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

Tried it once a year or so back and wasn't overly impressed. Maybe I'll give it another try next time I'm over there.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
41 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

Pretty much the best meal we had In Alvor out of the dozen or so restaurants we tried.

Ventry, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Dingle Peninsula
Level Contributor
7,240 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

If you like prawns fried in garlic O Alcaide is the place for you!

Liverpool, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurante O'Alcaide

What a fabulous restaurant this is. The food is superb and the staff are so friendly. I went there about 10 days ago with 17 frinds on a golf society trip and they dealt with our large group no problem. We all got our meals at the same time and there were absolutely no complaints about the food. We have been going to Alvor on this annual trip for many years and have eaten in so many restaurants but we now have this one firmly on the fixture for next year.

Get answers to your questions about Alvor