We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alvor Boardwalk

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Alvor Boardwalk

Hi is any seats on boardwalk as hubie cannot walk far without having to have a rest leg problems thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

Yes, there are a few seats at various points along the boardwalk. Not that many, though.

birmingham
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

Thanks paulv66 , is it a long walk ? may be to much for hubie .

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

I'm not sure how far in total, but it's at least a couple of miles. You could always walk as far as the first set of seats, rest for a while and walk back.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
85 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

On the riverside of the board walk there is seats about every 1-1.5km, once you get into the dunes at the back of the beach there are much more scarce with only one seating area in the dunes.

birmingham
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

Thanks for all info, very helpfull will try to first seat and then see from that .

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

The boardwalk is a great facility and I am sure you will enjoy it, if you start on the river side there is a rest area about .5km then take the first left and go over towards the beach, no seats but there are steps that you can sit on and enjoy the view. If you find yourself able to go further down the dirt road toward the final viewing platform, there are seats and an a fabulous view.

A word of warning though, if you are visiting during the summer months don't attempt the walk during the day, when it is hot, its very exposed and there are no water stations. I would suggest early morning or late in the evening, preferably sunset!

ENJOY!

birmingham
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

Thanks ecowatch not going till sep; so may not be hot, wrote down all you have said ,many thanks.

Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

Hi - I agree with all the above comments - it really is a lovely walk but one thing worth mentioning is that I took an elderly friend for a walk there and she found that she struggled a little bit where the wooden planks have lifted a little making it easy to trip if you are unsure about your footing. The good thing is, you can make the walk as short or long as you like. If you join the Boardwalk from behind the sports centre, you're not far away from the bars on the harbour front for a rest and a little light refreshment!

birmingham
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

cactosII bar thank you for your info, lots to think about.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alvor Boardwalk

Is there any sort of aerial view of this boardwalk that shows where it actually is and goes?

Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations