We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation with activities for teenagers

england
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Accommodation with activities for teenagers

Looking to come back to Portugal next year but to stay in Alvor.

We are a family with two teenagers who like to participate in some daytime activities or at least have snooker and table tennis available !!!

Can anyone recommend any suitable accommodation within walking distance of Alvor, preferably self catering, that would suit !! If not any AI hotels.

Thanks. Ali x

london
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

I believe Alto country club has these facilities and easy walk into town .

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

Alto Club has a pool table, table tennis, two tennis courts, a putting green and shuffleboard. There's also a gym with weights, treadmill, exercise bikes and a rowing machine.

Please note that Alto is spread over two sites. The country club has the above facilities and is a very short walk into Alvor. There are also apartments and villas around the golf course, which is about 2 kilometers outside Alvor, near Vau beach. Residents at the golf course can use the country club facilities, but very few do because of the distance between the two.

Paul V

london
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

well done paul .. i knew we could rely on you for all things Alto :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
995 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

Club Alvoferias has what you are looking for as well. My 13yo son was with us in July and found plenty to keep himself and his new friends amused.

england
Level Contributor
100 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

Hi thanks ever so much for your replies !! So if Alto is spread over two sites what is the actual name of the site nearest Alvor ??

Thanks again. Ali x

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

The site beside Alvor is Alto Club, while the site near Vau is Alto Golf.

If you see a property advertised as Alto Golf and Country Club, you would need to ask the owner if it's located in the country club or on the golf course.

Scotland
Level Contributor
289 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

The Delfim has tennis courts, small gym and pool table.Don't know what it's like now that it is AI. Your kids could possibly use the gym and indoor swimming pool at the Praia as I'm sure no-one checks. Both hotels are owned by Pestana and sit on the same estate.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

Like Cam says I think you would be ok with this. When I have stayed at Alvor Park before they have said we were free to use facilities at all the other Pestana places in the town.

9. Re: Accommodation with activities for teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations