We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening Dress Code

Sulby, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Evening Dress Code

Hello, I have a girly question!

What's the dress code in Alvor bars and restaurants in the evenings during October?

Going for a week on 6 October and understand it can be quite cool and windy in the evenings so wondering whether to pack jeans or dresses or if both are acceptable.

Thank you :o)

Oldham, United...
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening Dress Code

Wear what you like....very relaxed and informal throughout Alvor, maybe with the exception of some of the more pricey restaurants like Ruccula or Por Do Sol - but never been to these two so I might be wrong!

I've always visited in the warmer months and always take a cardigan as it can be breezy, especially near the sea front. I would definitely take something along these lines, maybe even a lightweight jacket.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening Dress Code

I've worn shorts and a polo shirt in Por do Sol and didn't feel at all out of place. It may have linen tablecloths etc. but it's not at all stuffy. It's years since I've been to Ruccula so no idea about the dress code there. As Jo says, most places are very relaxed and informal.

In October, I'd be inclined to wear long trousers in the evening, but not if the weather is unseasonably warm. For a woman, I'd say either a dress or jeans would be fine, depending on the weather.

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,981 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening Dress Code

In Raccula everyone was smart casual. For October definately take a jacket /cardigan for evenings.

Sulby, United...
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening Dress Code

Thank you for the info.

5. Re: Evening Dress Code

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations