We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming pools

Llandudno, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming pools

Hi will be staying at dom joao 11 hotel from July 21 for 2 weeks couple of questions I have been told that the pool will be cold? Also will there be lots of children staying as my 11 year old daughter likes to meet new friends hope you can help.

merseyside
Level Contributor
4,650 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming pools

all pools in The Algarve do tend to be cooler than Med resorts number of children is hard to predict but its start of uk school holidays so guessing there will be others there

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,896 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming pools

I don't think the water will exactly be cold and with the air temperature likely to be 30C a nice bit of cool water might be welcome.

Weybridge, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming pools

I have always wondered why no matter what time of year all the pools that I have experienced in the Algarve have been a lot cooler than thse anywhere else in the med, greece etc..

Erskine
Level Contributor
117 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming pools

Been a few times to DJ late June and mid oct and pool is cool, once you are in it's fine, doesn't put people off, kids were there both times, prob a lot busier when you go, they have activities for kids and adults..enjoy

London
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming pools

Water in the Pools in July will be just right! As Cubsur says the temperatures will be very hot. The main worry will be to ensure the children (and adults) are protected from the blistering sun as they go in and out of the pool. Enjoy your holiday!

6. Re: Swimming pools

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations