We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
929 posts
162 reviews
Save Topic
Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

Hi just for a change of scenery and restaurants whilst staying in Alvor, what is the service like to Lagos on an evening, where do i get the bus from, are they regular and how long does it take,

Thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,909 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

There aren't any. Last bus from Alvor to Lagos is at 1905, last bus Lagos to Alvor is at 1800.

Bus times complete www.algarvebus.info/002s.htm

Alvor lost its local evening bus service to and from Portimão in the local council cutbacks in March. Now there is nothing at all after about 8pm.

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
929 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

thanks for such a quick reply, I had checked the timetables and thought it could not be true that buses in busy resorts stopped so early so posted a question thinking perhaps there was another bus company, we will probably get the bus to lagos and taxi back

Sunderland
Level Contributor
979 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

If I remember correctly it costs about 4 Euros per person on the bus from Alvor to Lagos.

Depending on the size of your group it may be just as cheap to get taxis both ways.

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
929 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

only 2 of us, but 8 euros is good,they say Alvor is nice so looking forward to it, isnt TA a fantastic site, I never book anywhere now without consulting it, thanks once again and Im a toon fan and so jealous of the revolution happening at the SOL at the moment, think we are doomed , and never ever been so pessimistic at the start of a new season, theres Sunderland with 11!!! NEW PLAYERS AND US WITH SOME GADGEE ON LOAN

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,041 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

Just to confirm the bus fare - it's €4.05 each way.

Sunderland
Level Contributor
979 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

Letitrock - At least you might have heard of the lad you've got on loan - I can't even pronounce the names of some of the players Sunderland have signed.

Are you staying in Alvor? We've just come back last Saturday and already the world feels like a darker place.....

GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
929 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

your right, we went to Skiathos a few years ago , nee radgees or chaves nee drunks pleasant main drag then you see our high streets and you just want to escape, broken britain , we are staying in alvor ,wish I could retire and escape!!!

Sunderland
Level Contributor
979 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

Make sure you get into Chill Out (1 Euro a large beer all day and night), Cactos II (1 Euro a large beer up to 9pm, then it goes up to 2 or 2.50 I think, about the same time Mark starts singing). Both based in the Dunas do Alvor buildings. Suica bar just along the road from them offers a large beer at 0.90 Euros all day and night but is essentially a cafe bar - sells lovely cakes and pastries though.

Borala bar on the main strip for good cocktails and live bands - Bluff are excellent. Any of the Irish bars (Black Stove, Hickeys, The Irish times) for a bit of craic and some live singing - expect to pay a bit more for the drinks though.

Watch the sun go down in any of the three wooden hut bar/restaurants overlooking the harbour - brilliant.

And don't forget the eating - loads and loads of quality restaurants to choose from. I'm going green with envy as I write.....

Edited: 21 August 2013, 20:40
GEORDIELAND
Level Contributor
929 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

love the idea of live music, check out this web site for local bands in the north east

www.riffsonline

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
68 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Evening buses from Alvor to Lagos

El-en-hils , excellent post.You just described Alvor in one.

Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations