We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather right now

Erskine
Level Contributor
117 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Weather right now

Hey we come to alvor next Thursday, keep checking weather reports, one day it shows dry and sunny for our give days, next day it shows a mixture of rain and sun, anyone there right now that can tell me how it's looking, is it warm enough for lying by the pool?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,525 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather right now

Right now it is 25C with bright blue skies and will be that tomorrow and Thursday, probably Friday. That's above average for the time of year. From Saturday onwards we are expecting it to be a bit cloudy and a more normal 21 or 22C. Not expecting anything in the way of rain except maybe a brief shower or two.

I will leave you to decide if 22C is hot enough to lay around a pool all day. 25 possibly is.

Edited: 08 October 2013, 12:56
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,048 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather right now

It's lovely right now and there are plenty of people lying by the pool here in Alto.

Erskine
Level Contributor
117 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather right now

Thanks cubsur and paulv66, as I live in Scotland 22 is indeed warm enough for us, my husband has to go to a cool dark room at about 25! We have 12 degrees at the moment and he's complaining it's too warm at night :)

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,525 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather right now

I took these pictures in Albufeira yesterday afternoon and I would be pretty sure Alvor is much the same

http://sdrv.ms/16PqzP8

But as I said it might not last beyond Friday, not quite like this anyway!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather right now

Currently at the pestana park hotel in Alvor sitting by the pool typing this out at 6pm and it's lovely, a bout mid twenties at the moment, we have been here since Saturday and the weather has been great.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,525 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather right now

'ard life innit?

I am going to the pub now. Até logo.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
609 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather right now

Yes it's a tough one, back at the pool 10.30 am just now and again weather is lovely about mid 20's not a cloud in the sky.

Erskine
Level Contributor
117 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather right now

Just checked weather report for next week and it's saying 26-27 degrees, although yesterday it said rain for 3 out if 5 days! Just need to hope for best!

Erskine
Level Contributor
117 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather right now

That's me all packed and ready for the early flight tomorrow.. Eek up at 4am, but it will be so worth it!! Still praying for good weather..

10. Re: Weather right now

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations