We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Dom Joao II

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wales
Level Contributor
401 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Dom Joao II

Hello all

How far would it be to travel to the following golf courses from the Hotel Dom Joao please?

Gramacho

Pinta

Silves

Vila Sol

Also, I read in another forum topic that someone recommended a visit to Lagoa - how far is this please?

Many thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Dom Joao II

Gramacho and Pinta are beside each other and both are about 17 kms from the Dom Joao. They are just outside Lagoa (Pinta being slightly closer) so you can easily visit Lagoa after playing one of them. I don't know much about Lagoa. Are you sure it wasn't Lagos that you saw recommended on another forum?

Silves golf course is around 25 kms from the Dom Joao. Vila Sol is in Vilamoura and is around 55 kms away.

Edited: 09 April 2014, 10:49
Wales
Level Contributor
401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Dom Joao II

thanks Paul

The courses are further away than I thought so I'll have to enquire about transfer prices

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
45,512 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Dom Joao II

Lagos is for sure the place - Lagoa is not that wonderful!

There are direct buses from the stop at the Dom Jõao II (across the road) to Lagos six times a day on weekdays, four times a day at weekends and on public holidays.

Times at www.algarvebus.info/002s.htm - Dom João II is about 10 minutes after Praia da Rocha. It's a request stop

Liverpool UK
Level Contributor
3,545 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Dom Joao II

The courses you mentioned are of course all pestana courses, have you considered Pestana Alto? It's actually between Alvor and Praia da rocha. We played it last week ( 65euro) but seen it now for 59 again through Pestana. We played it a few years ago before Pestana acquired it and the course was terrible but we were very impressed with the renovations and improvements to the course now. Definitely would play it again. Hope that helps you.

Wales
Level Contributor
401 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Dom Joao II

many thanks for the replies

6. Re: Hotel Dom Joao II

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2015, 06:15
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations