We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis in alvor

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis in alvor

Hi I'm visiting alvor in aug/sept never been to alvor just wondering if there is taxis there and what's the prices like are the expensive or reasonable

Oldham, United...
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis in alvor

Quite reasonable prices I would say - there is a taxi rank at the central roundabout in town.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis in alvor

Where are you staying in Alvor? A lot of the accomodation is within easy walking distance of the village. If you're staying somewhere like the Alvor Praia or the Delfim, it's around 20 minutes walk into the village. A lot of people staying there would into town in the evening and get a taxi back - cost would be around €4 to €5. Prainha is slightly further out and maybe 30 minutes walk into town.

A taxi to Praia da Rocha is around €6 or €7 and to Portimao around €7 to €8. Lagos would be dearer - I think around €20 to €25.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 16:17
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis in alvor

Sorry, that should say walk into town.

4. Re: Taxis in alvor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Alvor