We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Advice

Also if anyone can give me some advice and any restaurants I can book in advance that could accommodate up to 30/35 people for a pre wedding get together, that would be great!! Thanks.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice

I suggest you try Por Do Sol. They have a big dining room that could easily accommodate a group of 30/35 people and the food and service is excellent. They are a little bit outside Alvor (about 1 km from Alvor roundabout, opposite Vila Marachique) but still within relatively easy walking distance. They can be contacted at +351 282 459 505.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 17:51
Mentioned in this post
Por do sol
Por do sol
401 Reviews
Alvor, Portugal
Vila Marachique
Vila Marachique
54 Reviews
Alvor, Portugal
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
296 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice

Depending what your budget would be or if it is just for drinks and not food but i know a lot of groups have had pre wedding drinks at chill out on dunas complex/he also does food or maybe it may depend on where most of your group are staying.

Portsmouth, UK
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
491 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice

Hiya Dalton,

What sort of wedding bash is it gonna be? Posh? Mixed? or just a sunny getaway with family?

That will depend on what sort of recommendations most can make.

There aren't too many places that could sit 35 on an ad-hoc basis so you'd best book ahead.

Can give you a better steer when we know more. Is the wedding in Alvor or in Pompey?

Portsmouth, UK
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
491 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice

Just seen on the other thread that you're getting hitched in Alvor! Nice one.

You might want to have a look at Atrium 53 as that has sufficient room to cope with as many as 35 people and has a large spacious area in their bar which is really underused. You'd have more chance of getting in there I reckon.

Where are you in Pompey?

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice

Hi Thanks for everyone's input thus far :)

We are getting married in Alvor next Tuesday 17th, we just love the place!! We have 54 people coming so proper happy...

Looking for sit down meal with as many of our guest before the big day as not everyone knows each other, so just want to get as many of them together to break the ice before the wedding?!

Haven't been to Por Do Sol yet Paul, but sounds a good option so many thanks.. I love Atrium Lozzmeister but other half isn't :) and im actually in Waterlooville.

Mentioned in this post
Por do sol
Por do sol
401 Reviews
Alvor, Portugal
Oldham, United...
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I fear you may have left it a little late for such a large booking at what is a peak time of the season in such popular restaurants - Por do Sol is very popular and many people, even for smaller groups will book before they leave the UK.

I do stand to be corrected though and hope you get somewhere

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
2,132 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice

Jocrad is right. You've left it very late. If I was you, I'd call them straight away to see whether you have any chance of getting a group booking at such a late stage. Maybe if you were prepared to start early and agree to being out by a certain time, they might be able to accommodate you.

Kerry
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice

If you wanted a drinks receptions try Hickeys Irish Bar. The pub is small and narrow but they have an upstairs area that could hold private party/gathering .

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Advice

jocrad & Paul thanks for the advice, i will call first thing in the morning and failing that i will walk round when i arrive tomorrow evening... I guess a week is pretty short notice for such a big group, so fingers crossed!

Kerry thank you very much for your recommendation and failing trying to get somewhere to eat it could be a good option :)

Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Advice

It's a distance away but have just been to Bairradinos in Vau / Val Franca. Great suckling pig, see pics. Also have car park if few people driving. Congratulations both!

Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations