We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

Bolton
Level Contributor
410 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

How much would it cost approximately?

I know there is a bus, but looking at the schedule you are on it nearly an hour just doing pick ups.

london
Level Contributor
1,779 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

Not sure how much the taxi is but it is the best way to go if you havent got a hire car . You can then take advantage of the quieter period between 4.30 and 6.00pm when the buses collect everyone on the organised trips . My son went on one slide about 20 times without queuing last summer !

Heathfield, United...
Level Contributor
291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

Tempted to do the taxi myself then this year. We did the coach for slide and splash, brilliantly convenient but queues were pretty bad. I'd be interested to know the prices of taxi myself.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
49,455 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

The distance is about 11 miles, which will cost around 16 Euros on a weekday, nearer 20 at weekends.

Getting a taxi from Alvor will be easy enough, but you would have to ring one to come back, so do make sure you have the correct number with you.

relaxing on a beach
Level Contributor
222 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

The first time we went to Slide and Splash we took the courtesy bus. It isn't far but seemed to take forever to get there. The bus would wait at stops even if there weren't any people waiting for it The driver got out a couple of times. I thought we would never get there.

We had a great time at the park but when it was time to go we just went outside the gates and there were several taxis waiting about.

The second time we went we just took a taxi each way but I couldn't remember how much it cost. Thank you Cubsur! :)

relaxing on a beach
Level Contributor
222 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

And yes, you are right about the taxi Cubsur. Now that I think about it we were probably lucky the first time there happened to be about 5 taxis waiting. The second time we had to call a taxi.

So make sure you get a card.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

HI, we're just back from Alvor and visited slide and splash. taxi cost €26 from the taxi rank by roundabout. Have fun it is great!

7. Re: Alvor to Slide and Splash in a taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Alvor
Recent Conversations