We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To email or not to email....

Which Alvor hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Heathfield, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
To email or not to email....

Hey guys. Going back to the Alvormar on 17th August. I emailed them when I made the booking back in the deepest depths of January, asking, if possible at all, we could have a room on ground floor (just because we preferred it, and loved it last year as could have a game of bat and ball in the little garden bit, and didn't find it so restrictive as balcony). They were lovely, and emailed me back, confirming they'd got my booking via Monarch, and saying they'd do their best to accommodate my request (naturally, I don't expect them to promise!).

Just wondering whether to send another email, just saying hi, and would they be able to let me know if we are on the ground floor.... Would you do that? Or does it smack of "annoying holidaymaker" (as I'm sure this post demonstrates :-) ).

Thanks again everyone, counting down the days big time, so near yet so so far away.

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,118 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: To email or not to email....

If they were so lovely in their previous email, why not? Tell them you've been there before and really enjoyed the ground floor room.

Enjoy your trip!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: To email or not to email....

If u don't ask u don't get, pester them all week.

Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
332 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: To email or not to email....

HI Claire,

We go back for the second time this year in September to Alvormar.We have always asked for a particular apartment and had no bother sending or receiving emails from Margarida confirming same.I would have no problem asking,after all,you are the customer making the payment.I have always found them most helpful.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: To email or not to email....

Im friends on FB with some of the staff at the Tivoli Portimao and always message them before we arrive, our room requests are always met. I think the Portuguese love having repeat customers. Go for it.

Heathfield, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: To email or not to email....

Thanks guys, I'm going to send one now..... :-)

6. Re: To email or not to email....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2015, 06:16