We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sept weather

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
sept weather

Hi, we're in Alvor from 20th Sept, is it cold at night? Also wondered what the mosquito situation is? Do I need to bring repellant? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Alvor
Alvor
Portimao, Portugal
Waterford, Ireland
Level Contributor
493 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sept weather

We have been to Alvor many times and twice in September.We are there again this Sept 15th.We have never had a problem with mosquitos but i understand there were some about last year.On the two September visits i have never felt the need for a sweater in the evenings but climates change but i dont think that it could be regarded as cold at that time of year.

Mentioned in this post
Alvor
Alvor
Portimao, Portugal
london
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sept weather

We have just come back from a month in Alvor [ regular visitors ] and the evenings this year were certainly cooler than normal . If it was to carry on you would certainly need a cardigan etc if you walk along the front . Talking to one of the barman on the promenade he said it was effecting trade this year as there has been a strong wind blowing most evenings .

Mentioned in this post
Alvor
Alvor
Portimao, Portugal
Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sept weather

Thanks folks!

Oldham, United...
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sept weather

I always take a cardigan out with me, as fawlboy says, the breeze can whip up in the evenings year round, but I think you feel it more in the later season. Have a fab time!

Portsmouth, UK
Destination Expert
for Alvor
Level Contributor
491 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sept weather

I took a light fleece with me in May when we were there as it was a tad chilly at night but in the last few years I've not bothered in Sept.

Thanks for the tip Fawlboy, I'll make space in the suitcase for the fleece in 3 weeks!

6. Re: sept weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Alvor