We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries does any one deliver?

London UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Groceries does any one deliver?

Good evening.

Are there any shops in Gaucin that will deliver to a villa so there will be food on arrival?

Failing that, driving from Malaga airport to Gaucin are there any large supermarkets to pick up supplies on route?

Thank you for any advice you can give me

Castillo del Aguila
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Lanas del Rio
Gift & Speciality Shops
Sierra Walks
Eco Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Walking Tours
Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries does any one deliver?

Local shops and covered market there. Also nice Deli so you could get lovely cooked dishes and salad mixes in pots for great meals. We need to stop en route too but will probably go via Marbella where there are loads of all day supermarkets. Casares en route will have bog shoos too.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries does any one deliver?

Presuming it's a private rental, can you not arrange with the Owner/Representative for some supplies to be left there for your arrival and agree payment? Would make life a lot easier for sure and I would think from a customer service point of view they'd be happy to oblige!!

Dorking
Level Contributor
552 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries does any one deliver?

Funny how iPads change script so I now have ' bog shoos' instead of ' big shops' .

For all your drinks ,supermarket is best but as you go out and about to Ronda etc you can pick up stuff in nice markets and wine is cheap. The small tapas bars are cheap in Gaucin too and good value. Locals live in Gaucin so prices are for them in shops and affordable.

London UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries does any one deliver?

Thank you both for your helpful advice.

I was just thinking of the first evening as we will be arriving late and with hungry children and didn't want to have to then drive into town to find provisions. We are really looking forward to shopping locally

5. Re: Groceries does any one deliver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2016, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Gaucin
Recent Conversations