We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment recs in santa eulalia/siesta pls!...

Which Santa Eulalia del Rio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment recs in santa eulalia/siesta pls!...

We are looking for apartments which are clean and not too far out, at a good price for next June!

Last year we stayed in the Orquidea for a few nights which was basic but all we needed as we go out and about a lot anyway. We liked that it was near everything, directly on sea front. We are considering going back but would also like to look at alternatives too. Also, next year it won't just be the two of us anymore but our little baby daughter who will then be 13 months!!

Should we just stick with Orquidea? Is there nicer in siesta? I suppose it's just a short walk into town but again, we will have a little one with us next time!

Any help much appreciated. :-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment recs in santa eulalia/siesta pls!...

Apart from the sleepless nights, early feeds and nappy changing, the one thing that an infant is guaranteed to do is to restrict your "out and about time". It may sound easy but the logistics of moving an infant from A to B takes a lot of organising and effort especially away on holiday. Most families are happy to just camp out in a Hotel and have their kids entertained and supervised while they relax and take it easy.

If you are happy in the Orquidea I would stay there. Here are a few more places to check out Casa Luis, Can Sanso, Villas Del Sol, and the www.ibiza-spotlight.com/fiesta/doncarlos/… which is a popular hotel in that area offering free child places.

Danny

dannykayibiza.blogspot.com

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment recs in santa eulalia/siesta pls!...

Thank you so much, I'll take a little look at all your suggestions, great help!!

She's just over four months at the moment and we still manage to get out and about a lot. She sleeps through the night and will be on solids and cows milk, no sterilising of bottles when we go!! Obv I realise things may change and she may not sleep through at 13 months and may be a bit more of a handful if she's toddling about!! We will take a buggy.

Looking forward to days on the beach too.

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
1,463 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment recs in santa eulalia/siesta pls!...

One advantage of the Orquidea is its fantastic location right on the promenade as you know. As Danny says, transporting babies and toddlers around can be a job and a half! Siesta is lovely and I stay there every year at the Fiesta Don Carlos, which incidentally is going adult only next year,and other places there to consider are the Club Siesta all inclusive hotel, the Atlas Apartments and the Siesta Mar apartments. The last two are available through "Ibiza Spotlight". However, you still have quite a slope for a buggy to negotiate whereas at the Orquidea you're "good to go" and really near the beach. Ideal for that agegroup!

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment recs in santa eulalia/siesta pls!...

Thank you! I think you've helped me decide! I'd imagine there are nicer apartments in siesta which is a lovely little area but I think you're right, the Orquidea with a 13 month old might be a better location!

5. Re: Apartment recs in santa eulalia/siesta pls!...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 17:19
Get answers to your questions about Santa Eulalia del Rio