We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat, please help Danny

warwickshire
Level Contributor
262 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Where to eat, please help Danny

Hi Danny,

Just been reading your description of Bullit De Peix on the Es Canar forum, sounds delicious. So I also looked at your blog and list of restaurants, looks very interesting, but need some help with their locations.

We are staying in Santa Eulalia in July and would like to try out some of your recommendations. Love local restaurants, tapas bars. Please could you provide a short list of those we can get to reasonably easily, walking or public transport. At the moment we have no plans to get a car this time.

Hope you can help.

Many thanks,

Anna

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

Good tapas at the Royalty but like you I like the sound of Bullit De Peix but don't ever recall seeing it. One of our favorites is just behind the Royalty - Le27. Great food and staff. The street behind the royalty is almost full of restaurants.

http://goo.gl/maps/z2Zwk

Phil

Edited: 24 June 2013, 19:09
Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

The locals like to keep the Bullit De Peix secret to themselves as they dont like the good restaurants that serve it full of tourists....means slower service and booked out tables! The best Bullit De Peix restaurants are usually located next to the sea and some catch their own fish in small boats. Not aware of any in Santa Eularia there is one on Cala Martina beach that serves it.

Best advice is to ask people where to go, not necessarily tourists but locals. Ibiza is all about finding things out for yourself. Locals are warm and always like to promote their best local options. Somebody is a friend of a fiend that knows where the owner/cook and best places to go...don't be afraid to ask at reception of your hotel.

I am currently updating my blog with new and more detailed restaurant information. Restaurants in Ibiza come in and out of fashion regularly. Will post on here when I have them up.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie/

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

i found this blog about the bigote restaurant

…blogspot.com.es/2009/06/ibiza-legends-bigot…

though the presence of monkfish in the dish somewhat destroys the rural myth that the owners go out in their llaut to catch the ingredients.

mm

Ireland
Level Contributor
60 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

Glad I missed that place having read the blog. Wouldn't go put of my way for fish stew for starters and fish stew with rice for mains.

ibiza
Destination Expert
for Ibiza, Sant Antoni de Portmany
Level Contributor
3,681 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

canny locals have an expression here which roughly translated is, if you're not that keen on fish, don't go to a restaurant which serves only two dishes, both of whose main ingredient is fish!

mm

Edited: 25 June 2013, 15:05
Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

Hi Danny. Which one in Cala Martina? Eaten many times in Sa Trenca and never noticed it.

Phil

Everywhere
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

Restaurant Martina is on the wide curve of the beach,the last place before Chirincana.

Ireland
Level Contributor
5,248 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

Hi Phil,

As Rick correctly states above.....Martina.

Danny

http://dannykayibiza.blogspot.ie/

Ian
Leeds U.K.
Destination Expert
for Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
11,483 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

When we stay in Santa eulalia at the Yebisah, find the bar on the corner on the opposite side of the road from the royalty has a better choice of food and tapas, no menus and often no english spoken.. Found the Royalty becoming a bit of a tourist trap over the last five years.

El Rincon de pepe in the street of restaurants and as you walk up this street from the town hall a number of good tapas bars off to the right, between this street and the main road. can wait until back in September.

has the bus station return to its old site yet?

10. Re: Where to eat, please help Danny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Santa Eulalia del Rio
Recent Conversations