We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

so to cut a long story short we have just returned from menorca and loved the relaxed atmosphere but hated the half board(always gone self catering before).

so much so that we have contacted thomsons and changed an all inclusive holiday to cala dor in Majorca for this September cos couldn't face going all inc after this holidays eating arrangements

we decided to change the holiday to next September instead so it wasn't as hard work with our young lad. he is 15 months and our daughter is 6 years

after days, and I mean days of deliberation we narrowed it down to cala dor in Majorca,alvor in Portugal and santa eulalia.

we have bitten the bullet as such and decided on two weeks in santa eulalia staying at can sanso apartments self catering. we just want a nice relaxing holiday with enough things for kids to do,and a good choice of restaurants to eat somewhere different most nights .I hope we have chosen the right place and although it is 15 months away we already cannot wait!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

We're staying in can sanso in two weeks and cant wait!

We have also done menorca and majorca.This is our 3rd visit to ibiza and second to santa eulalia.There is so much choice around the marina and restaurant street you won't have trouble finding somewhere different! There is also a good selection of supermarkets for the sc option.

Then of course there is the old town with a massive choice a short bus trip away.

Can sanso I believe has a couple of little beaches near to it with beach bars accommodating little ones.......

You have the hippy market. ..boat trips. ...formentera. ...

You can't go wrong!

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

Here's a Google map of the SE area -

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/ms…

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

thanks lurcherlover did a tad of research on here before I booked and it does sound lovely,and nice it is a proper town as well as a holiday destination.loved menorca and also been to Majorca before(santa ponsa). enjoyed it but it was just to british for us. cala dor looks lovely but was put off by the small beaches (which my daughter loves)

plus there is so little choice of two bedroom apartments available ,in any destination,that we jumped at chance when we saw can sanso apartments. and also the fact that we have never been to Ibiza before is what swung it over the other places.

Edited: 15 June 2014, 15:21
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

thanks for the map whitcop. did a street view of the apartments and a virtual walk into the town and it looks lovely .not scared of a nice stroll so the 20 minute walk wont bother us one bit

brilliant map by the way will come in really handy with all the places you have mentioned on it

Edited: 15 June 2014, 15:27
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
278 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

Yes it is lovely.

Look up cala llonga too.its a short boat trip / bus away with a beautiful shelving beach for the children. ..

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

I'm going to SE on Wednesday so will probably know more after that . We have been on day trips from Cala Llonga and Es Cana , so have a good idea what it's like . I have been 3 times to Cala D'or and love it and hope to go back soon . I used to be put off by the small coves rather than a long stretch of beach , but Cala Gran beach and Cala Ferrera beach are really nice , and plenty big enough , although I don't go in July or August . You will enjoy SE , though there is plenty of time for you to change your mind .

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

thanks again lurcherlover will check it out.

kev10k cala dor is on my wishlist and I am kicking myself for booking all inclusive cos I would never have cancelled else. we were booked into lovely hotel on esmerelda beach but all inc is just not for us. again the lack of two bed apartments is a pain,couldnt find any for a decent price ,but I will definitely be going in next few years,seems our sort of place

definitely wont be changing my mind again though,it cost me £200 to change it this time so santa eulalia here we come(in 15 months lol)

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
797 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

it was ferrera beach,not esmerelda our hotel was on(ferrera blanca)

have a great holiday lurcherlover and kev10k!!!

Edited: 15 June 2014, 15:57
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

Don't beat yourself up about it Donny Lad ; ). I quite like AI as long as it's right next to the beach so we can pop back for a few beers , and never had a problem with the food . It certainly works out cheaper ( I am a tight Yorkshireman : ). HB this time .

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first visit next september . hope we have chosen well.

We have been to Can Sanso 3 times - its great for kids, as its completely enclosed with just one gate which you can see from the bar and pool, so they can go off and play in complete safety, although yours are a bit young for that - small pool for little ones too.

Enough restaurants in Santa Eulalia to try a different one each day for a month or longer.

Get answers to your questions about Santa Eulalia del Rio