We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mahon-Where to park or Drop off

Which Mahon hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Mahon-Where to park or Drop off

Does anyone know the best place to park in Mahon. I can pre-print street map and will have sat nav. Will have an elderly person with us, so could drop her off first, then park, so any sugestions on a nice cafe to drop off and wait and then a close by parking?

Would like to walk round harbour and then and nice shopping area and gin factory?

Olvera, Spain
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mahon-Where to park or Drop off

Hi, I took my mum and dad and my son who has Down's Syndrome to Es Castell during October 2010. At the time mum was 75 and dad 78. There is 'street parking' along the street which runs along the harbour and also a small parking area adjacent to the yellow catamararan and cruise liner berthing. If you have a blue badge make sure and take it with you as it will entitle you to use a disabled bay so long as there is not a car registration plate posted beside it as this indicates that the parking space has been marked off for a resident. There are a couple of little bars on the opposite side of the street to the parking area. Also there are plenty of benches to sit on along the side of the harbour.

It is quite a climb from the harbour (huge staircases) up to the shopping area but if memory serves me right there is an underground car park beneath the main plaza, again there are plenty of eating places around the plaza but you might need to take it easy on the walk to the shops.

Edited: 17 May 2012, 15:59
Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Minorca
Level Contributor
610 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mahon-Where to park or Drop off

Park either in the underground car park in the main square (by the bus station), La Esplanada or park in the other one which is under Placa Miranda, this one has a lift. They aren´t the cheapest places to park, but fighting for on street parking places in mahon is not for the fainthearted! You won´t need to drop anyone off first if you park in either of these.

Hope this helps,

Raff

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mahon-Where to park or Drop off

Ditto the above -Underground Parking is not expensive compared to UK. Parking on Meters is very cheap but only if you are a good ' quick parker'

4. Re: Mahon-Where to park or Drop off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:41
Get answers to your questions about Mahon
Recent Conversations