We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Menorca

Salcombe, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Driving in Menorca

If you plan to rent a car in Menorca avoid Owners Cars Balearics unless you like standing in line for hours waiting to be served. Pay a little more and get on with your vacation.

Falkirk, United...
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Cala'n Porter
Level Contributor
1,042 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Menorca

It doesn't matter who you hire from, there always seems to be a queue at the rental desks in the airport.

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,410 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in Menorca

I agree with caroliner, it isn't fair to direct complaint at Owners Cars specifically because there are always likely to be queues when a plane load of vistors all turn up at once wanting to collect their hire cars no matter who they are hiring from (unless it is one of the small local firms such as Poppy Cars etc.who may only have one booking to fulfil and who meet each booking individually as they do not have an office in the airport).

All the larger firms are likely to have processing delays of one sort or another and anyone who hires through a booking agent/intermediary is probably going to be placed with one of these and will be one among many with a booking, so sorry, unless you are arriving during the low season or at an unbusy time it is not unreasonable to be expected to wait a little while to be processed. I accept that this is irritating, but business is business and no company can afford to overstaff its offices all day and every day just on the off chance that from time to time processing clients may take longer than normal.

It has been suggested on here before that the best method of reducing delays at airport hire offices at peak times is for one person to head off to baggage reclaim and get all the bags while the other goes ahead with the driving licenses and passports etc. to sort out the hire car - that way you have a far better chance of being at the front of the queue at peak times.

It you are hiring from one of the Owners Cars resort offices you are not likely to experience long queues ( I use the Santo Tomas one myself and have always been in and out within minutes) but it is probably best not to turn up dead on the opening time if you know that you get cross at even slight delays - if it says pick up at 9am go at 9.15-30 and it should be much more relaxed.

Edited: 16 September 2012, 15:07
Luxembourg City...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in Menorca

It's very displeasing to stand and wait for how long before you pick up your car, but since it's 'high season', as they call it, it kind of goes with the territory. You can either stay in queue, or you can choose a smaller car rental company and avoid it. I, personally, prefer the smaller companies, like CarHireMenorca. You can check them out here: www.carhiremenorca.net

London
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving in Menorca

Above is spam?

liverpool
Level Contributor
103 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving in Menorca

agreed kylie j is all over the forums advertising this car hire company ,small my backside

6. Re: Driving in Menorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Mahon