We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

Sixteen bars across the island are taking part in 'World Day of the Tapa' with special offers. Those in Mahon are Akelarre, La Marina, Varadero, Can Joan, La Cuina dels Angels and Bar Nou.

Wish I was there!

Edited: 27 September 2013, 09:41
London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

I was there last week and they had the Minorcan cuisine fair from 13th - 22nd with 32 restaurants across the Island taking part with a Mostra menu - starter - main course and dessert all for 15 Euros.

I took advantage and visited Liorna in Ferreries and the 15 Euro menu was baked aubergine rolls stuffed with fresh cheese - pork loin medallions with rosemary and apples and Minorcan camomile mousse.

The service and food was first class.

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

Sounds delicious, must make sure a visit coincides with this event next year!

By the way the tapas are €2.50 and include a cana. You can vote for the best one and there is a competition to win a 4 star break.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
1,367 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

These things are great. Just crazy that the tourist board does not promote them enough in advance for people who might be think about a holiday on Menorca (when families are not around) . The tourist board web site has a single line in the events calendar with no explanation of what it is!!!!!! Love Menorca just wish they would learn basic Marketing!!!

cana for those who do not know is a small glass of beer :-)

Cheshire
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

I agree Tom T and have posted a letter to that effect in Menorca Diario. No good trying to promote these events once they've already started. It was the same with the Festival of the Horse and Mao + Flors. Couldn't get enough info in advance for my tour group even from Salome Carerras or the Alcade of Mercadal. Council website is hopelessly out of date in many areas. still we love you!

London, United...
Level Contributor
656 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

Heres a bit of info on the Menorcan Cuisine Fair (Mostra de Cuina Menorquina)

http://mostradecuinamenorquina.wordpress.com/

Its been running for about four years now and is organized by the Menorca restaurant owners association.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

I'd go silly at the Sant Lluis venue - those are top quality restaurants ! I wonder if they can do DHL overnight ? :-)

7. Re: Lucky enough to be in Menorca 27th to 29th Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Mahon
Recent Conversations