We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca

Has anyone stayed at the Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca? I would appreciate any comments. Thank you

Surrey UK
Destination Expert
for Minorca, Santo Tomas
Level Contributor
12,665 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca

Is this it jamesvillas.co.uk/menorca/… ? If so it looks very nice but as it is in a countryside location to the north of the city you would definitely need a hire car to get about or go into Mahon itself .The nearest beach would be in Es Grau which is a small sleepy fishing village which has no package tourism so is lovely and unspoilt.

The information given in James Villas blurb mentions 2 distant aircraft noise, due to the villa being located close to the flight path " - you need to think about this because if you look at the map, the airport itself is not that far away so any planes overhead will be flying at low altitude

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca

If as above, then this is right under the approach flight path so expect noise- that said aircraft are not as regular as in Majorca etc

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca

Thank you for your help. I don't think this is the right villa for us.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca

My wife and I stayed at Ses Milans in May this year and have to say the pictures on James villa website do not do this villa justice, this is a truly magnificent / top quality property and we hope that its on the books again next year (2015). Note; a car is essential if only for the private drive up to the villa!!!

However, looking at the threads here the main concern seems to be plane traffic. As for aircraft flying into Mahon airport, we actually didn't find that an issue but it is also dependent on wind direction. Planes taking off heading North are well in the air by the time they reach the area of the villa (the property isn't directly under the flight path either). As somebody already mentioned, Menorca isn't a busy island so don't get the bustle of air traffic confused with something like Palma airport...

Sean

Bury St Edmunds...
Level Contributor
378 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca

I've visited a neighbouring property in Serra Morena, lovely , lovely location. Yes on certain days there are aircraft directly overhead but I quite like planes. So wouldn't bother me. No aircraft at night and simply superb wildlife/birds of prey, yet only minutes from Mahon.

6. Re: Villa Ses Milans, Mahon in Menorca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Mahon
Recent Conversations