We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

Toronto
5 posts
Save Topic
Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

I'm looking at the RHE for a honeymoon getaway in April 08. Not sure what the best rooms to book as the information on the site is not too clear. Any advice on the Suites, Spas or Hideway sections would be appreciated. I'm looking for quiet, cozy, and romantic, and the spa/suites are looking good, but hard to choose.

Ontario
Level Contributor
424 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

hnymmnr :

we are going early January - and I did tons of research so I can help a little - glad I'm not the only one that found the information was not too clear - I went to tons of travel sites to try and figure it out. Now, I can't guarantee my info is 100% accurate - but from all my reading this is what I think is at RHE:

3 sections: The Hideaway (regular rooms) , The Spa (regular rooms and 10 suites) and the Villa Suites (46 suites). I've read the Hidewaway section is the closest to the beach and restaurants. Often rooms in the Spa section are sold including spa treatments in the price so watch for that, and , if occupany is really low, the Spa side might be closed and everyone will be in the Hideaway section (unless you've booked a suite). As far as I can gather , the Spa section also has 10 suites (often referred to as Royal Suite) , living / dining area downstairs and bedroom upstairs.

Then there's the Villa Suites, also referred to as Royal Suite or Royal Villa Suite - this is a section about a Km or two away from the main resort - there are 46 suites in 23 bldgs ( a few are 2 bedroom) and are nice suites with a kitchenette and incl. Butler service. If you want to see photos of the resort - and there are photos of the Villa Suite too - go to the Reviews section of this website and click on 'candid travelers photos' at the top of the page. scroll through the various photo sets and you'll see photos of the living room, dining room kitchen etc of the Villa Suites. I have yet to find photos of the Suites that are in the Spa section. The Royal Villa Section has it's own pool and bar and a la carte gourmet restaurant and a great beach - so you don't have to go over to the main resort unless you want to - and they will drive you back and forth whenever you want to go.

Hopefully this has not got you even more confused and don't feel bad - I used an experienced Travel Agent, who called Transat Holidays to make the booking - repeatedly asked for the Royal Villa section - and later discovered they had booked us in the Suite in the Spa Section. The mistake was discovered by our TA and corrected !!

hope this has helped you a bit !!

Level Contributor
490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

Have a look at Cath1London post from yesterday if you want some more room info! Good luck, you'll love this place!

london
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

Hi,hnymmnr, I am also planning to go in April and I have been asking the same questions as you. Which rooms? I think I am going to go for a Spa suite as I dont think the budget will stretch to the Royal villas.I get the impression that the Spa suites will be in the middle price range. Do you know what the weather will be like?

Cathy

Ontario
Level Contributor
424 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

save a suite for me !!! LOL !! we're going in Jan. (Villa suite) but if we really like it and want to go again I was thinking end of April in a suite in the Spa section ! I've read April / May is really good weather - less chance of rain but not into the real hot humid summer weather yet.

Ont
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

We went the first week of April last year and stayed in the Hideaway section and loved it. We were close to the walkway to the beach and the pool-- a bit further away from the buffet and restaurants (except seafood)than the spa side but other than that the rooms were similar. The weather was warm but we did get rain when we arrived and a few evenings ( and I do mean a downpour that lasted most of the evening). ( the weather was actually better in Nov when we went but it is always a gamble) I know that the Hideaway section does also have suites but not sure how you would go about booking them. This would be a wonderful place for a honeymoon and I keep telling our kids when they get married this where we would send them. We are also going back in late Mar early April.

Toronto
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

Thanks for the reply's! This resort looks good and the reviews are great. Tough to find info so I appreciate the feedback. I spent quite some time just trying to find a map of the general location of where its at, I had to use google earth to finally locate it. Guess it really is a hideaway.

Ciao!

Ont
Level Contributor
528 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

It is on one of the 3 Cayos in the Santa Clara Area. It is only about 10 minutes away from the other resorts in the area (MCSM, Sol etc). --but the difference of the water is amazing. This beach is hard packed-great walking sand and the water is protected so it us usually much calmer than the beaches at MCSM. the airport has been updated since last April so it was very quick thru and to the resorts. (within an hour) This resort also has a full library filled with books and DVD's which may come in hand if it does rain!

8. Re: Royal Hideaway HoneyMoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 08:19