We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

Hi Guys!!

We're going to RHE - slowly but surely our time will come to board the plane...although it's not coming fast enough in my opinion.

My question is this: What book would you recommend for the beach? I realize this all depends on personal preference, but I thought maybe someone would be willing to throw suggestions out there...

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

As you say dificult to know personal preference, but If you are into DaVinci code type stuff, I highly recommend anything by Steve Berry. Not too heavy and entertaining.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

Thanks - I'll check him out at Chapters. For the past 3 years the only thing I have been reading are law cases for Law School, I'm in need of a good story - picking a book based on how nice the cover is hasn't worked well for me in the past :) But I did love DaVinci, so yeah, I'll look him up this weekend.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

Another good one I read last month is Labyrinth By Kate Mosse, nice and thick.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,028 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

If you like the tv serie Bones, try any books by Kathy Reichs since they are the inspiration for the serie. Also, I love any book by Marc Levy, a french writter but I think his books were translated. The movie Just like heaven is an adaptation of one of his books.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

While on Holidays, I like nothing better than an easy read and uplifting read... Sophie Kinsella just came out with a new book "remember Me"

Then there is "the Other Boleyn Girl" its a movie now but that book is amazing... its by Patricia Geoffrey I think.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

Wow, thanks guys!! I'm making a list and will hit the bookstore this weekend to pick a few. These suggestions are great! YAY! :)

toronto, on
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

i prefer to read classics. they are WRITERS. what is written now is such garbage.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

Yes, but we are talking beach reading, veg out stuff, a whole different thing LOL

Moncton NB
Level Contributor
749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

i just finished reading my first mary higgins clark book.. little girls in blue...

what a good book!

gonna go look for more before we leave..

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
1,984 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good BOOK for the Beach?!?

Here are some of the authors that were popular recently when we were at Brisas Guardalavaca.I always check out what people are reading:

Kay Hooper

Mary Higgins Clark

Tess Gerritsen

Iris Johanson

Barbara Taylor Bradford

John Grisham

All great authors,in my humble opinion!

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Ensenachos