We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

I understand from reading the reviews that your consierge books your dinner reservations. A couple of questions.

1. Do you book them all upon arrival or one day at a time?

2. Which days does the buffet serve lobster?

3. Would like to go to all the restaurants - any tips on which order to attend? Any of them hard to get reservations in?

We will be a group of 4 if that changes anything.

Thanks for your help.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

1. Book your restaurants day of or one day ahead

2. Heard from other posters they serve lobster in the buffet Tuesdays and Saturdays, but at least 2 a la cartes have lobster on the menu (Seafood and Cuban Grill)

3. Go to all of them for sure - we opted for availability of times we wanted rather than a particular order

Enjoy!

Minden, Canada
Level Contributor
185 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

We were apprehensive about this, too, but found if you treat your concierge right, then your whole trip will be wonderful!

We made an appointment with her on our first morning, and sat with her for about 10-15 minutes. She asked us what we would prefer in our mini-bar and if there were any special occasions being celebrated. She also asked us which a-la-cartes we were interested in & which days suited us to go, also asking us for a specific "time-frame" in which she could book the restaurants (we preferred anytime between 7-8:00pm). She then advised us that she would put a note in our room, confirming our reservations each day, and finished our meeting by asking us, if there was "anything else" that we needed, to contact her (not the front desk).

It went very well, and each day we received our reservation confirmation.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Beach

Just remember that the reservation you think you are making is ONLY a REQUEST for a reservation. It is NOT a sure thing. In most cases you'll get what you asked for, but in some cases your time will need to change or you may not get it at all. Make sure you try the Internation al a carte at the El Marino. We didn't even know it was there until the last few days. We just thought it was a snack bar, but at 6 it opens as a al a carte.Its really good. Have a great time.

Cheers

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Beach026,

We spent about 20 min. with our concierge when we first arrived at the RHE. We gave her our preferred dining times and which restaurant we wanted to eat at on which night and she took it from there. Your concierge puts a reservation slip in your room on the afternoon that you have that particular reservation. They try hard to get the times and nights you want but will substitute if they need to.

There are 5 a la carts at the RHE. 3 dedicated restaurants; Asian, seafood, Italian and 2 that become a la carts in the evening; Cuban grill and Creole grill. You can get whole lobster at the seafood and both grilles. Your vacation provider guarantees 4 a la cart seatings. We only ate twice at the dinner buffet during our stay(mar20-27) and they didn't have lobster then. You'll be travelling at lower occupancy so this might change.

The Asian restaurant is the hardest to get into because it has the least seats. Asian and seafood where my favourites. They were all good. Our concierge got the seatings we wanted even at full capacity. You shouldn't have any problems.

Rob

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
218 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond.

I don't want to miss out on anything so I am frantically reading trip reports and this forum!

Is the International ala carte at the El Marino the same grill mentioned above as the Creole Grill or are they different restaurants?

Also we leave 4:20 from YYZ on May 9th so won't be getting in until late. Any options to snack when we get there other than room service?

On an unrelated topic - we are in the spa side due to the package. I am sure we will spend most of the time at the beach but we will probably enjoy the more active pool late in the day so will it be pain to go to the other side of the resort? Or should we ask to be on the hideaway side at checkin?

Thanks again for everyones advice.

PS Anyone hear about the jeep excursion? Sounds fun but would prefer some feedback before investing a whole day away!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,404 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Beach

The Cuban(Creole) al a carte is at the Spa snack(El Megano)bar. The International is at the Hideaway snack bar(El Marino)

Cheers

Collingwood, Canada
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Ya, I got them screwed up. Too much good rum

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
289 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Beach026: We got in between 2 and 3 AM. The pool restaurant in the Hideaway section has 24 hour snack service!

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Beach, I wouldn't ask for a change. We stayed on the Spa side, and WHEN I return, I will be requesting that side. There are not as many bungalows, so the pool, bar, and restaurant are not as busy as the Hideaway side. We visited that pool once, and definately preferred the Spa pool. If that is not the case, despite what everyone says about the resort being huge, our bungalow, #26, was about as far away from the hideaway pool as you could get, and it was still only a 5-6 minute walk to get to the room from the Hideaway pool.

Calgary
Level Contributor
15 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner Reservations at RHE Question

Beach: We had booked the Spa side (due to AC package) but because the resort was at full capacity, we were put in the Hideaway side, but still had our included spa services. We were fine with the change, but I agree, the spa side is quieter. Either way, you will enjoy your stay. Have a great trip!

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Ensenachos
Recent Conversations