We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just my thoughts

Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Just my thoughts

Like I mentioned on my other post, I have been reading all the reviews for about a year and a half now, living my vacation threw other peoples eyes, until it's my turn to see the RHE for myself.

From the outside looking in there are certain reviews that just get me going.

To start, perhaps it's not a good thing to start pounding the fist straight from the get go, no matter where you are, restaurant, store and especially at a hotel or resort. To me staff and management of any hotel or resort can control the destiny of your entire vacation. So, it's never a good thing to upset the apple cart straight off the bat.

I am confident that if complaints arise with certain guests within the hour of their arrival, management and staff are probably aware, that the rest of the week is going to be hell.

You can catch more flies with honey.

Management and staff of any establishment try to cater to every guest the best of their ability. But why on earth would they take the time away from guests who are polite with their requests, to cater to other guests who constantly whine and complaint, no matter what the circumstance is.

You know the old saying of "payback is a b___h", well I am sure that hotels and resorts frequently adher to that saying. Kind of don't blame them either.

1. Re: Just my thoughts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 06 March 2009, 12:29
Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Just my thoughts

I think there's a lot of truth to what you say, and in some cases you're probably right on the money.

I also believe that as handy as Trip Advisor and other internet tools are for research, in some cases it has become the traveller's worst enemy. A lot of the complaining is a comparison to what others are saying about the resort. If you didn't have all the information before you left, and did not receive a moist towel to freshen up upon arrival, not knowing any better you would freshen up in the room, no harm no foul and no complaint either. It didn't say that you were getting that in the travel brochure. If we look at what the travel brochure says we're going to get, and we receive that, anything above that is bonus. Anyone who goes on an AI vacation expecting all the perks and pomp they read about on the internet is only decieving themselves, and will probably miss an opportunity to receive a special something or treatment because of their sour attitude to start with. JMHO

Brooklin, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just my thoughts

as with these kinds of sites on the internet ... don't forget ... it's just someone's opinion. At the end of the day an experience is based on what matters to you and how you interpret it.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just my thoughts

People can have their own opinions, but it irks me to no end when they out and out lie in their reviews!

We stayed in building 24, and from the beach to our room was no longer than a 6 minute walk, not the "20-25 minute walk" Godownsouth states. Also he states he read every review and no-one stated there were only 2 entrances to the beach. There are many reviews that talk about the boardwalks.

People that, for whatever reason, have a bad experience, should quit trying to make it sound worse then it was.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just my thoughts

Just noticed Godownsouth joined TA on April 15th, yet he states he read "every review on Trip Adivisor...."

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Just my thoughts

Agreed Artie, the lies and exagerations we can all do without - not the first time we've seen it either. The website slogan does state "Get the truth. Then go." I guess the sourpusses that lie feel cheated, so they try to even things out by slamming the resort any way possible. That's why the forums are so useful - it's a great opportunity to really find out what's true. A friend was headed down, and said they were reading the reviews. I suggested they read the forums too, because that's where the real info is. Reviews are okay, but there's nothing better than having a discussion.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11,351 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just my thoughts

There was talk of a large group of Italians coming the day after we left. I find I find it hard to believe that the resort would close everything for this group. We had a large group when we were down and the only thing that affected us was they closed the buffet one night but shipped all of us to the al a cartes. It was busier but with more people thats to be expected. This review I disreguarded, unfortnatly there will be ome who believe it. The mgrs name is not as he states but in fact is Agnes.

Cheers

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just my thoughts

I think it would be really cool if we could post comments (within guidelines of course) to reviews. Maybe someone at TA is listening and can suggest that as an improvement to the powers that be. It could be done as a sublink at the bottom. That may be enough deterrent in itself for people not to lie, knowing that someone will come on and correct it right away. It would also balance things out a bit, so you can trust what you read.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Just my thoughts

hey there bergerman and oncearound

yes the italaians DID invaid us!!! they arrived on our day 9 out of 14 and you would not believe the difference. i feel sorry for the people who arrived to this resort for one week during this visit who have never had a chance to experience what we all did before this happened. it was like two TOTALLY DIFFERENT HOTELS! I AM SERIOUS!!! i've said it to others who were there with us for the first week and they agree how fabulous this place was....they hit and we have all students serving us(they tried their best) but with no senior direction....well you know.

the buffet totally changed. there was empty serving trays everywhere, you may have gotten juice when asked for it??...looking for bread for toast...nope.. none..etc..

you would not believe what happened at the asian the night we were booked for a late 9:00pm seating( that is another HORROR story!!!) we keep trying to think of all the FABULOUS things that happened in our first 9 days..but somehow the final half leaves a VERY sour taste in our mouth.

P.S.

just ask the other TA members we met while there..we are not complainers...........BUT............

NANNA

montreal
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Just my thoughts

i just wanted to add that Gabriel is the assistant to Agnes & yes he is full of himself he was last year & even more this year & more arrogant & not of service at all, just good enough to walk around with his phone & check up on staff....i'm sorry i'm not the type to put down people but just a look at this guy's face says it all!!!!!