We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code evenings

ottawa
Level Contributor
132 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dress code evenings

I understand that men have to wear pants(not jeans) to the evening buffets and a la carts. Also read that they are supposed to wear closed toe shoes. Can they get away with dress sandals?

Also, in the lobby bar in the evening, is it ok for men to wear nice dress shorts?

toronto
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code evenings

You probable will get away with sandals but please keep in mind that staff works very hard to keep this place as unique. Personally I do not think that wearing a long pans and close toe shoe is a big problem.

Have a wonderful vacation.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code evenings

For men, close toe sandals are fine, flip flops and open toes are not allowed.

alberta canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code evenings

please no one shoot me on this question.....my husband doesn't own a pair of dress pants(believe me I've tried to get him a pair) can he wear dark jeans?

southern ontario
Level Contributor
916 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code evenings

Why not get him a pair of dockers or something like that. Just as comfortable as jeans and no-one will give him the evil eye!

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code evenings

We have travelled to Cuba over 20 times....my husband wears some very nice dark jeans to dinner at night with a dress shirt....and I have very nice dress jeans I have worn as well....we were recently at Sandals Varadero and I saw alot worse dress at night than jeans....guys in long shorts with logo T shirts....they won't turn you away from any restaurant for your dress...my husband wore his capri's to the buffet at night not the alacartes though.....and a nice dress shirt....always a collared shirt.....we have never looked sloppy or out of place....he does wear loafers to the alacartes at night....but sandals for both of us at the buffet....docker pants are fine as well....anything up-casual will do....I have seen more and more dress jeans lately....and I have never seen anyone sent away at any of the resorts we have been to.....

Windsor, Canada
Destination Expert
for Varadero, Windsor
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code evenings

And please please please leave your ball caps in your room rather than wearing them to dinner (or lunch, or breakfast.... )

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code evenings

You are certainly right about the ball caps at dinner....

Cobourg, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code evenings

What is wrong with wear nice dress shorts to dinner and nice open toes sandles

No different then a woman wear a dress and open toe shoes

Maybe I should get a kilt

Cobourg, Canada
Level Contributor
230 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code evenings

I have have the nice legs around :)

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,603 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code evenings

There is nothing wrong with it, but it is against the dress code. The dress code states men must wear long pants and a shirt with a collar. Unfortunately, while we were at Occidental Grand Playa Turequesa, no one was enforcing the dress code.