We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Maria airport-cuba

Ontario
Level Contributor
558 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Santa Maria airport-cuba

Yeah, I just talked my husband into booking RHE. We booked today and leave on April the 4th. I love these forums because someone always knows the answer to my questions. In saying that.... can anyone tell me about the VIP Cuba airport fee-I read somewhere on this forum, $20.00 (I think) for fast check-in etc on the way home. I would like to confirm the price, what it gets us and how do we sign up. Thanks :)

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,024 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

You buy the ticket from your tour rep for the Santa Clara airport VIP lounge.

Yes it gets you the express check in, not always fast.

You get a separate lounge of leather sofas comfortable seating. Drinks and snacks. All this is 20 cucs not $20.

Ontario
Level Contributor
558 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

Thanks for the quick response. by rep do you mean from the Air Transat rep at the resort? Have you booked it? It sounds like it is worth the extra $

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,024 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

What ever rep you have traveled with.

Yes we do it. It is worth it if you want to sit in comfort and have a few drinks, alcoholic or soft and the odd snack.

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
250 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

It will be the best 20.00 CUC per person you ever spent!! All the times we traveled to Cuba, only once we didn't purchase this....WE WERE VERY UPSET WITH OURSELVES!!!....the one and only time we didn't and we stood for 2hrs10mins in line at the airport...we had only 10mins to shop in the duty free before our plane left!

Be sure ask your tour rep about this at after your orientation. Purchase it then cause when everyone else gets wind of this comfort, it may sell out..Enjoy!

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

You can also purchase this VIP pass at the VIP counter at the Santa Clara Airport.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

My experience at the Santa Clara Airport high season February was laughable. From THE PLANE through customs TO THE BUS was 15 minutes!

Going back was slightly different. Lots of airtransat check in counters and lots of custom counters, But ONLY ONE counter to pay the 25 CUC tax!!! Thats got to be improved.

Easiest airport I've ever gone through.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

Just returned, and I would say do not waste your money. This airport is very small. Handles very few planes. So the "VIP Checkin" is a joke. Instead of standing in 5 of six lines for check in, you have your own "private line" that moves the same speed as everyone else. As far as the free drink and food. you are only there for 90 mins max, once customs and cash-out is cleared. So how much booze and food can you drink and eat in this amount of time? I had time for 2 Corona, and a chicken sandwich (very good I might add. Pearson Int. take note!!! ) which cost me 7.50 CUC. Or you can pay 20 CUC each for beers and sandwich.

Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

My husband and I decided it was a joke and a waste of money. There is not much waiting for anything in that airport.

9. Re: Santa Maria airport-cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 18:19