We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos...questions....

ontario
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos...questions....

Hi EVeryone i was looking into this resort and have noticed there are al ot of different room categories for this resort.

My room options are Royal Deluxe room, Royal Deluxe Spa Room (which I can see what these entitle you to), and there is also a preimium room offered? Can any one tell me what this offers you, is this like the royal suites section? And which one you suggest stayin in?

Also, I was wondering if international brand liquors are avaialbe (IE, Sky/smirnoff vodka, gordons gin, etc)

Thanks in advance for any infor or insight you can provide to me!

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos...questions....

Hi WC,

I am not sure what the "Premium" room refers to. If the price is close, it may just a different description used by another tour company. The suites section rooms are about double the price. If you are not into Spa treatments, I would not bother with the Deluze Spa catagory. The rooms are exactly the same, regardless. You can also purchase Spa treatments once there.

Yes, they do have International Brands, but is sometimes hit and miss, depending on there shipments. The Cigar Bar is the best place to head for these, as they seem to have the largest selection there. You can order your drink and sit outside, although we did not find it too smokey in there.

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos...questions....

I don't know why every Tour Operator has to have different names for the rooms as the rooms offered are the same, it's just simply a marketing gimmick to sound better over others. I brought this up to RHE attention last year and they know about it as they provide them standard info from the hotel and Tour Operators simply spin it differently, not sure why they want to confuse the guests. Only Difference is you either getting a Spa package or not. For rooms breakdown go to this page:

www.royalhideawayensenachos.ca/Room.html

ontario
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos...questions....

Thanks for your help so far.

The tour operator offers the Deluxe, Spa Deluxe and Premium...i just couldn't find anywhere that specified what premium was, they do like to confuse people somtimes :)

Mississauga
Level Contributor
707 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos...questions....

all that means is a few more bucks for the tour operator, any room will they are all the same just differente colours, ok you might get a massage, or manicure, but you can book that on your own if you want it,

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,555 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos...questions....

To my understanding it also depends on which tour operator that you have. Air Canada vacations appears to have tabs on the Royal Spa section while Air Transat vacations appears to have tabs on the Royal Hideaway section, this is not an absolute. There is also the Royal suits which are situated away from the main part of the hotel and literally a little Hideaway of their own.

With Air Canada Vacations they tend to offer the Spa Saver which means that you do not get petals in your bath tub upon arrival, a bottle of rum, fruit plate, free choice of seat on the air craft (not first class), turn down service (sheets pulled down and a piece of chocolate) and the spa package of a 30 min massage, manicure and pedicure. I may be missing something but you get the drift. For the difference in price you are way better off to go for the basis package and purchase your own spa treatment. I really do recommend the 80 min massage, it is excellent.

I am not sure what Air Transat offers in their package, but their rooms appear to be closer to one of the beaches, the Megano beach.

Edited: 04 February 2010, 02:36
6. Re: Occidental Royal Hideaway Ensenachos...questions....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 07:17