We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in November

Guelph, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in November

Hello there,

We are getting married at the Royal Hideaway on November 24th, 2010. There is a group of about 26 of us going? Does anyone have any tips or things we should know? As well pictures would be wonderful. I have heard that this is low season and the resort is not running fully, is this true? As well does anyone know what the weather is like is late November early December? Or what flowers are in season at that time. Also is their evening entertainment, and how is the disco?

Cant wait to hear from all of you

Guelph, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in November

oh yes and we are staying in the Royal Spa section for the first week and the Villas for the second week our "honeymoon" Ive heard that the hideaway section is better? Any advice. As well we are looking to do a couple of trips or jet skiing, can anyone recomend any good off-resorts trips or things to do?

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in November

Dont get married!!!!!

Guelph, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in November

Ha ha Whitey19, you mean you dont want me to marry your son? lol DAD

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in November

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

To answer a few of your concerns.

I got married at Royal Hideaway two years ago in september and went back for my honeymoon two months later (prices too good to pass up!)

So I experienced both the two floors room you'll get for your wedding, and the villas...

November is not low season - September is. November is shoulder season, so resort should be running fully, but will not be full, so you'll get plenty of service.

Weather wise, in late November, early december, anything goes. You should have some sun, but it can get pretty chilly in the evenings and the pool will be cold since they do not heat it. Water in the ocean is still warm though, and they have a spa in the villas section where you can heat up after taking a small swim in the villas pool. There may be a few scattered showers here and there.

I have no ideas what flowers are in season at that time. I wouldn't worry too much about it, because flowers are included in your package (at least they were). I didn't choose anything, other than the flavor of the cake, the venue(chose the beach instead of the gazebo) and the music.

Disco: Not the best place for party animals! When I went to the disco, I was pretty much alone with my guests... but still a lot of fun.

Evening entertainement: Again, not geared towards young adults, but there was still a few shows with music which were pretty nice...

Royal Spa Vs Villas: Royal Spa is closer to all the services. Villas are secluded and a lot of walking in perspective. I love both places. If you plan to eat at the villas restaurant, you are close, and they also have a beach and a pool. You can also order some golf cart to come pick you up if you don't feel like walking. I really loved the villas but I also loved the two stories bedroom I had in the spa section.

Jet-Skiing: Haven't done any, and haven't seen it offered at the resort at the time, but that may have changed.

I have done the Trinidad excursion which was nice, but be ready for a lot of bus time as this resort is really isolated.

Here's an excerpt from my review concerning the wedding:

When we arrived at the hotel, we were taken on a tour by Armando and Lizardo to decide where we would get married. We also discussed the various options. We were a little nervous, as they provide you with very little information concerning the actual wedding.

The hairdresser was really good. Bring her a picture of what you want. Although scheduled at the beginning to get married at 16:00, due to a problem our wedding started on the far end of the Megano beach around 17:30. But it was for the best, since at that time the weather was a little cooler and the sun made for some amazing pictures.

It was trully amazing and magical. We had a live Cuban band consisting of 7 people just by asking if we could have traditional music! A little disorganized though, be ready for some improvisation. They do not tell you when to exchange the rings or make the kiss, but we still made it happen. This kind of wedding is not for the perfectionist who wants every detail to be just as she has planned. The cake (chose coconut flavor) was really good!

I don't know if the band we got was because hotel was maybe at 5% occupancy (we were there just after a big hurricane) and a lot of services were closed (in september)

Send me a message if you'd like some pics, and I'll see what I can do.

But my last recommendation to you: The best thing about a destination wedding is not having to worry and organize everything. So you just go and enjoy yourself, and you'll have a terrific time which is what a wedding should be all about!

Guelph, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in November

Thank you so much for your post! Im glad that it was a wonderful experience for you and you enjoyed the hotel. That is my main concern, oh and the weather...lol lets hope for sun!!!!! The rest will fall into place. I would love to see pictures!! We are choosing to get married on the beach as well. One question did you pay to do the private reception? We are going to do that. If so hows was it? what was the menu like?

Do they have CD players we are planning on bringing our own music? As well will it reach to the beach? We are planning on doing speaches and first dances etc.... Any other things you think we should be prepared for our bring please let me know. Also we are planning on saying our own vows after and lighting a unity candle, we want to incorporate some traditions from home. How do you think that will fit into the ceremony. Oh and decorations such as white chair cover, and possible an arch way or something for the ceremony is what we want. Do you have to pay extra for all of that? I know that the private dinner is 50 cuc per person if you did this do you think its worth the money considering we now have about 31 guests? As well if you dont mind me asking about how much in total for the wedding did you spend, we would like an idea of what to expect. Also did you use a photographer from the resort? If so how were the pics? and the cost! You can email me with you pictures if you like my email is kwall@fblaw.ca. I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks again :)

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in November

As we were a very small party, we did not do the special dinner. But for you to try to reserve all those seats in one restaurant, you probably should go for the special dinner.

However, 50 CUC per person is pretty expensive considering you usually have free food! Maybe they'll be able to lower the price since you are bringing a lot of guests, so more money in their pocket, or maybe you can ask for a special menu at this price.

I had the photographer that was included in the package which at the time cost 1150 CUC + 100 CUC because of wedding on the beach. The photographer was very good, but almost did not speak english or french. He gave us a CD full of pictures and with some videos on top of the 20 something printed pictures. I suggest you ask some of your guests to take pics as well.

As for the radio with a CD player, no idea, we had a live band playing. We hijacked ;) their microphones for some personal vows and a few speeches, and they had no issue with this at all.

We spent a lot of money on tips on that day, and when we first met the wedding coordinator we gave him a tip too.

As part of the package, the venue was decorated (refer to the pics I'll send you by the end of this week) and the chairs had white covers. Don't know if this is still the case.

May I recommand you contact Ariadni or Armando (if they're still there) at eventas@ensenachos.co.cu with your questions, I'm sure they'll be glad to answer additional questions you may have. You will need to send them some documents prior to your trip.

Tel. (53) 042 350300

Fax : (53) 042 350301

Took your email address in note, and will send you pics as soon as I can.

Ariane

Guelph, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in November

Thank you Ariane for your great advice. I look forward to receiving your pics!

I am so happy that you had a great experience at this resort for your wedding!

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in November

just bought my LOUD blue hawaiian T- Shirt for the wedding!!!!

Thinking of nice bermuda shorts!!!!

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in November

Congrats! Here's link to tons of pictures posted by users here with their reviews

tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g642244-d5999…

Montreal, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in November

Hello,

I am planning also my wedding at the RHE in May 2012. I plan on getting married on the beach, do we have a choice to do it on either one of the beaches? And in terms of flowers & chairs? do you think you can send me pictures of yours so I can see what I am working with?

I certainly appreciate your help and look forward to your response.

Best regards.

Jessica