We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm crushed

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
I'm crushed

I had just started researching the RHE last week as a possible destination for an April 2011 vacation and had just gotten the ok from my boyfriend to go ahead and book and when I came in on Monday I found out that the prices had jumped from $1,288 all incl. to $1,549 all incl. Now that's too steep... Anyone been following this resort for long enough to know what the lowest all incl. rates are for departures from Montreal?

Napanee, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm crushed

Just booked today. April 17th 2011 for $1138.00 Belair travel and Hola Sun still have it out of Toronto

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm crushed

The prices I was quoting above was inclusive of all taxes and fees. Anyhow, I'm jealous as you're going... and as of now... I'm not... hopefully the prices will come back down and I'll be able to book.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm crushed

HockeyQueen, I can see a 7 day price of only $1,308.00 all in flying out of Montreal on Thurs., April 07th. There are other dates later in April as well going for $1,328.00. Check out tripcentral.ca. I'd grab it while you can. Good luck!

Terry

Sault Ste. Marie...
Destination Expert
for Cuba
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm crushed

Don't you wish there was a class we could take to figure out the exact specifics of the pricing!

I just had to pay $120 more for my booking as we had to wait for 1 of the 4 of us travelling to get vacation time approved.

Napanee, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm crushed

Fireqp back again. Can't wait to go. We were in your shoes two trips ago and booked like we did this week. The price came down under 1000 after Christmas. But you take a chance waiting if you really want this resort. Once we booked last minute got a deal then we ended up in the farthest room from the beach, pool food etc... I wish I had a magic formula.

Good luck

Bowmanville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm crushed

You just missed the sale that ended October 24. There will be another sale soon, don't worry it's still a long way to April.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
117 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm crushed

Yep, gonna wait and see. It's already coming down a bit. I'm trying to book with Air Transat (because I like their package and like the perks Club come with)... yes I know I'm getting picky now! At least now I know what the baseline is - so when I see it come back down I'll snag it! Tks everyone for your input!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I'm crushed

For out of TO and Montreal the prices this past March were phenomenal for April...maybe wait until the new year? Although, Easter is considerably later than typical in 2011, which could increase late April pricing.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm crushed

Hola HockeyQueen,

That first date I gave you on tripcentral of April 07th for $1,308 taxes in flying out of Montreal IS with Air Transit. There's also a Tuesday, April 05th departure @ $1,328 all in flying with Air Canada. Terry :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
424 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm crushed

I'll share some lessons learned as we have flown AT out of Montreal several times for stays at RHE. The weekday departures will usually be cheaper - but beware if you really want Club Class - and that is really important to you -- if the flight doesn't sell enough seats they will put you on Canjet instead and they won't notify you til it's too late to change. Happened to us but I was watching the flight myself - noticed the trip was changed to Canjet but it was a few months till our trip so we were able to switch our departure day to a different day and get Club seats (had to pay a few $ more but they let us do it). If you book a weekend departure that's less likely to happen to you but you'll pay a few dollars more.

Be prepared too that they will combine flights sometimes and you might have a 6 hr flight instead of 4 - that also happened -- but we were able to keep our club seats. Cardinal rule with transat - after you book -- watch your trip for changes.

Watch Air Canada for promotions -- their Executive Class is expensive but if they have a good promotion the price might not be bad- might be worth it for the peace of mind - they don't make as many schedule/aircraft changes as Transat does.

Good Luck