We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas vs Park Suites??

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Villas vs Park Suites??

We are planning a trip to IBE for our winter vacation! The prices are out for Sunwing and AC... neither are offering the Spa Suites and from what I understand, that section is only provided to Transat customers. Transat does not offer this hotel from our city!! So we have to choose between the Park Suites and the Gran Villas... The price difference is $600 pp.... Are the Gran Villas really worth that much more? We would love the extra amenities and al-a-carts offered in that section, as well as being away from the "family" section... but that's a pretty steep price, so I would really like to know that the Villas are worth that much before booking one! Would love to hear your opinion! Thank you!

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

Stayed in the park section in january. I liked it for its location to the beach. Ate at the spa pool grill, which is the exact same as the park.(menu, seating, bar).

I have to admit there were not a lot of people at the entire resort at the time , so we were pampered by the full staff.

The villas seemed quit removed from the main part of the resort. If you want a secluded holiday, it would be alright, but 600 bucks a head difference?

The resort is spread out , and the Villas is that much more out there.

We met some Russians that would do the walk untill getting picked up by the bellmen every morning to get to breakfast buffet. Maybe didn't offer it at the villas at that time. Could be different now.

I guess you've got time to research, T4Fun.

I hope someone else can chirp in with some more recent info.

Salud!

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

Thanks for your reply deebob... I am pretty sure we'll end up booking the Park Suites. I don't think I like the idea of being so secluded and far away from everything... our only issue is that we have to travel during February break because our daughter in University will be coming with us this year... so that could mean a very busy resort... which is why we had considered the Villas in the 1st place. But yeah... $600 is pretty steep!

I'm sure looking forward to those beaches though! :-)

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

Check out the resort map. We stayed in the 40000 block . It was good, but thought 4100 would be better for next time.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,338 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't think Transat had published its brochure and prices for next winter. But if you found a good price with Air Canada, then by all means, jump on it, LOL! I don't know if I personally could stand such a long wait...!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

CayoLargo2....Transat are not out.. what Travel4Fun56 stated was.."The prices are out for Sunwing and AC..."...BTW...the villas are very secluded.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,338 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

Darren, the OP also wrote: "from what I understand, that section is only provided to Transat customers. Transat does not offer this hotel from our city!!"

Perhaps Transat will offer the resort from the OP's city next year - we won't know until the new packages are published.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

CayoLardo - You're right, the Transat brochures are not out yet! The link below ( paragraph one) is where I got the information that the Spa Suites are only offered to Transat customers. For the past 3 years, Transat has not offered CE from Saskatoon, and I doubt that will change anytime soon!

http://www.cayoensenachos.net/hotel.html

As for the long wait.... If you know exactly where you want to go like we do, I don't see the difference in waiting 6 months ot book and 4 months to depart or booking 10 months ahead and KNOWING you're going to be secured a room where you want to go! It would be different if we could travel anytime we wanted, but as I stated above, we have to go during the Feb break, which I'm sure alot of Familys do, so to secure our vacation, I will book ASAP.

You're also right, AC would be my last choice for a holiday.... but that has nothing to do with the labour dispute that is happening now, I've felt that way about AC for a long time.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,621 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

Sunwing offered direct flights from S'toon this winter . I noticed RRRichar is also looking at a Direct flight from Vancouver . with Sunwing in September.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,609 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

Hola

Deebob thanks for the info..booked ensenachas last night, great deal, direct flight (well it is sunwing) for 981 per person all in, for sept 5 one week. This is our first time to this hotel, the MCSM is our hotel of choice with all the friends we have made, it’s like returning home. But this price is currently cheaper than the MCSM which is 1144 out of Toronto, and the ensenachas from Toronto is 845, and more important the boss wants to go and snorkel …lol

I have paid more for airfare end of this month to get to MCSM, than what the week at ensenachas is costing us. Ensenachas is costing less than our trip to Breezes Jibacao on June 12 with the same carrier and that was a great deal, again direct from Vancouver….

Will be interesting to see what AT will be doing out West, for 2012/13 season....if anything for the Santa Clara area...

Sorry for high jacking this thread a little

cheers.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,382 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villas vs Park Suites??

So far Sunwing is the ONLY carrier offering direct to Santa Clara for the 2012-13 season from Saskatchewan! Looks like they will be Monday flights, although the flight times are yet TBD! AC is offering Santa Clara, but not direct... rather an overnight in Calgary on the way there!

rrrichar - WOW... what a great price! Glad to see someone in the West is getting those kind of deals. I've always joked that if we lived in TO we'd go south 4 times a year.... for the same price as we currently go once! lol

Hope you enjoy IBE.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Ensenachos
Recent Conversations