We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

I read all Mr. Baratelli replies and I wonder to myself if he is really there (at some desk) or if he is at, say, another place far away from the Hotel??

Can we meet you in person there?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

He would most likely be living on site..

Georgetown
Level Contributor
75 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

Unless away on hotel business or busy with large conventions such as FitCuba which was recently at the hotel Mr. Baratelli is there. He is very approachable and eager to make your stay at Iberostar Ensenachos a pleasant one.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

We were there at the end of March and could not find him as we wanted to address a few issues we had run into. He was nowhere to be found when we were there and reception kept telling us he was much to busy to meet with a guest. Then, again reception was one of our main issues...........I know a bunch of the review have indicated that they were unable to find him either. I guess it just depends on how busy the resort is. It would be nice if he had certain hours where he was a a guest services desk like other resorts we have been to or if they just had a guest services desk with regular hours that you could go to if you had any problems versus trying to deal with reception.

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

Thanks Cairo20. I will give it a try when I get there. But chances are there is a ghost writer behind all that posts (sort of RP from Iberostar) and that our man Ensenacho is actually "our man in Havana"

Regards!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

Bermellotheke....I have had the pleasure of meeting Mr Baratelli many a time at the resort...and he had dealt with any problems that we may have had very quickly..BTW...he does live on the resort .

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

Mr Bartelli is certainly there. He lives there and is seldom away. People must appreciate that he is the General Manager that has a staff of almost 600 employees. It is physically impossible for him to deal with every guest request. In fact when was the last time at any hotel or resort that you would even saw the GM away from his or her's office? Stefano is one of the most customer orientated GM that I come across in the 30 years that I have been in the hospitality business.

Be fair, we cannot expect the GM to be responsible for small issues. Speak to the supervisor or dept. head. The GM should be your last resort to solve a serious situation.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

I totally agree that he is very busy Duffs66, however, at all other resorts I have been to the manager has been totally accessible to the guests and was in the restaurants every day asking guest how their stay was etc. It is a nice touch. The issue at Ensenachos (don't get me wrong I loved the place) is that if anything arises you do not have any recourse to solve it. If there was an assistant manager, on duty supervisor or a guest services desk where you could discuss any issues that need resolving while you are there it would certainly be a nice touch and go towards making this resort an actual 5 star. Normally if there was no manager present or available one could deal with reception but this really isn't an option at this resort until they get some better staff in place.

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

I agree an assistant manager would be a great help!

Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

I confirm it. He lives there!

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Mr. S. Baratelli really at the Hotel some day?

He is definitely there everyday, He lives their with his wife and child. He is a great GM.. Always looking after guests and making sure things are up to standard!