We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

Ontario
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

I've been keeping a close eye on reviews that people have been posting from the Iberostar Ensenachos park suite section.....Nothing has really alarmed me until I read the review posted today about mould in the rooms in that section. Just wondering if anyone who has recently stayed in the park suites section of the resort could shed some light on this for me.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
332 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

I stayed in 2 different rooms in the Park Suites section for 2 weeks early this year and yes I saw some mildew on a few of the buildings but didn't notice any in the suites themselves.

It is pretty common to see mildew in tropical climates though. Not sure that mildew on the outside of the building can harm you that much particularly being exposed to it for such a short time as a holiday. I guess everyone has an opinion and it must be weighed before taking the plunge but put it this way...I am heading back again on March 1st with 2 of my kids.

If I in anyway was concerned about mould or mildew I wouldn't be going with them as one son has asthma.

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

As stated above, mildew is common in tropical climates on cement. There is no concern as long as it's on the outside. I have never seen anything on the interior suites, nor have I heard of it from my friends who have stayed there.

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
28 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

My husband and I stayed in the Park Suites section and returned Friday the 15th. I have significant asthma, plus environmental and mould allergies and did not have any issues while staying in Bungalow 32. :-)

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

Stayed there recently.

No mold in our room or our friends room.

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

deebob love your profile picture these days....you must be sweet, LOL

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

Bajajajajaja!

I'm trying to cut back, Sue.

Watching my waistline. April is approaching. lol

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

deebob....so you have taken on a Cuban Catsup diet now? Well at least you are getting your lycopene. LOL

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,457 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

The spelling was the reason I took the shot.

And, figured I might need a reference for a TA forum post.

A Catsup diet?....Ugh (*:*)

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

I wouldn't be concerned as several have already mentioned it being common in tropical environments, same goes for that 'smell' which ironically is another aspect I look forward to. I've stayed at several Sandals resorts and other 5+ star locations (for comparison) and those also had mildew issues. Nothing that I would be concerned with unless you seen it growing up the interior walls, etc.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: concerns about the possibility of mould in the park suites

They checked us in to a ground-floor Park Suite room at 3 o'clock in the morning 3 years ago. The mould/mildew odor was so bad we had to get moved. We ended up in the room directly above our stinky one and life immediately returned to normal. This is one of a few reasons why I always request a non-ground floor room when I travel. Now, there's a "tip" for ya.