We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

For those that has inquired about what kinds of Scotch Whiskey they are stocking these days in the lobby bar at the IBE here is the list as of today:

Valentine, Johnny Walker Red label, Chivas Regal, J&B, Jameson, Black & White, Old Choice, Clan Campbell, Clen Back Canadian

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

OK, Canadians going to Cuba interested in their inventory of Scotch whiskey. Wow! I am baffled.

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

@Bob_Michaels.....Just passing on the information requested to "Wikipedia-Sue", LOL. I personally don't drink Scotch even though I am a Grand Lassie of a Scotsman and woman. ;-)

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

Sue: you Canadians certainly have the right to laugh at we Americans, especially those of us from the deep South. But some of your people's concerns about going to Cuba are downright funny. Scotch whiskey? Ketchup? Hair dryers? Clothes hangers? And one of my all time favorites "the Bubba mug"

BTW, hope you have a sense of humor as no ill feelings intended.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

Not at all, Bob.

These are some major concerns when us Canuckle Heads go on vacation, jeje!

If I'm not mistaken, I thought I saw you peeking in on us through the fence at an All inclusive resort.

Was that you in a Groucho Marx disguise wearing Bermuda shorts and sporting a Camo Back pack?

Salud, Eh!

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

Deebob: No, I was the guy that just walked up into Breezes Jibacoa from the beach and toured the place. Actually, I was trying to figure out what a "Bubba mug" was. Sure I was wearing shorts and sandals because that is what I wear every day at home in Florida. I am not going to dress up for Cuba. But I do confuse many because I wear a Tilley hat.

BTW, they have ketchup at the Cuban campground down the beach from Breezes Jibacoa but not hair dryers. No clothes hangars at all in the room. But then, no one was wearing anything that needed to be hung up. And I don't remember seeing any Scotch whiskey at all in the bar / store.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

Sounds like my kinda hangout!

I agree, it does sound a little over the top, with the requests sometimes, but ...

Inquiring Minds want to know!

Cheers!

East Coast
Level Contributor
2,107 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

Bob_Michaels, it's all fun and games until you made fun of the Bubba Keg! ;)

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

Bob I think the funny inquires are not limited to Canadians. (however those the funny statements by that southern American in Florida, well, LOL). Oh and you forgot the one of where someone was inquiring if there was pizza as apparently her kid only ate pizza (I am still picturing the pizza for breakfast, lunch and supper, yuck!!!). But everyone has a right to ask for information on their likes, wants and needs. All I care about is that I can sit on a nice beach, dip into nice water, have a drink (or two or three or four *hiccup*) a place with kind staff and something to eat that I don't starve to death....nothing special... If I want something gourmet to eat there are definitely enough of those restaurants here in Montreal.

And Bubba Mugs...was it no the UKers that first brought the big Bubba's? After the Canadians brought the travel coffee mugs (you know those regular size ones.) . However I guess it's actually a US thing to Super-size food and drink items, LOL

BTW - We used to own a condo in Florida and my American cousins are always trying to get me to move south, thank God we don't have a US passport, LOL I do miss Jaxson's Ice Cream Parlour in Dania Beach though.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
43 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

Thank you Sue for your time and efforts. You are much faster than the resort :-))

Bob, Don't we all have our silly vacation traditions that make us feel good?? Enjoying a glass of fine scotch and a good cuban cigars at the end of the day is one of mine. I simply want to make sure that happens every night during my vacations at the beach.

What are your vacation traditions Bob??

Apopka, Florida
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scotch Whiskey inventory at the lobby bar

staben: my vacation traditions are to totally "get away". That means removing myself totally from the environment and people I deal with on a daily basis. I don't want to be surrounded by people like me, so I choose to be in an environment that is totally Cuban and only be with Cuban people, no Americans, no Canadians, no Europeans, just Cubans. That is refreshing to me. I am happy to drink Cuban rum, although Siete Anos Anejo is my choice. I do sometimes travel around the country either by myself or with a Cuban friend. She understands my need to "get away" so we only go to places that tourists do not go.

My domestic alternative is to travel solo to the Mississippi Delta region. That is a place culturally and time wise similar to Cuba. I am more than happy to go to the old juke joints where sometimes I am one of the few, if not only, white person there. It is another total escape.

Years ago, I was one of those who believed that I was so important that I needed to keep in touch with the office. Then I realized I was a good enough manager to be able to create an environment that could survive with me. Similarly, I have a family that is independent enough to be out of contact with other members. So I have no working cell phone in Cuba, no check in via e-mail, and another total escape.

My website www.BobMichaels.org will give you some idea of what I do for fun.