We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let the countdown begin

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Let the countdown begin

Since it is the New Year it's time to let the countdown to our vacation at IE begin. Just 79 sleeps before our vacation, can't wait as we woke up this morning to a sizzling -30. Happy New Year everyone.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Let the countdown begin

That's awesome! I hope you love it as much as we do. Only 15 sleeps for us :-)

Happy New Year!

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Let the countdown begin

You guys are making the wait even harder LOL 91 more sleeps for me. Looking really hard at going end of January, fingers crossed. Was -25 here this morning....not liking this at all. I was looking at the the Caribbean satellite, things sure look clear and sunny over Cuba!

Cario20 your time is getting very close indeed.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Let the countdown begin

Sunlover - hopefully you will make it at the end of Jan. If you do, let me know as we are there until Jan 30 and would love to meet for a drink :-)

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Let the countdown begin

Hey Cairo,

So I'm guessing that IE is your new favorite place??? How would you compare it to PCP??? We were there for our second time last year and it will be hard not to go back this year, but I guess it's time to see something different after 3 straight years in Punta Cana.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Let the countdown begin

As you know, Punta Cana had been our home away from home for quite some time (15 years). We loved the PCP (haven't seen the new renos) but we just felt it was time for a change. We are so glad we decided to try something new as we absolutely loved IE and it is definitely our new favourite place. In my opinion the beach is much better at IE, narrower but the water is so calm and it's just beautiful! Compared to PCP the grounds at IE are massive, no walking the resort in 5 mins or so that's for sure. That being said, we loved walking the grounds as they are gorgeous and if you don't want to walk there were always carts going that you could hop on. As far as food goes, I would say the IE buffet was better than PCP with a little bit more selection and we found the a la cartes at IE very good as well. The one edge that the PCP has is that you don't have to make reservations where you do have to at the IE which I don't like as I prefer deciding what I feel like on any given day. If you have any questions on specific things when comparing the two, let me know.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Let the countdown begin

30 more sleeps for us ... can hardly wait :)

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,253 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Let the countdown begin

27 sleeps for us!

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Let the countdown begin

Hey guys,

We will be 22 staying in the Spa section and would like to know how many rooms are there in one building in the Spa section??? We want to reserve blocks 20, 21 and 22 to accommodate everyone in our group.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Let the countdown begin

There are 190 rooms in the 10 buildings that make up the Spa Section.

Edited: 02 January 2014, 19:32
Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Let the countdown begin

Thanks sunlover, good to know.