We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

I have been a little baffled by things I have read on this site regarding nude sunbathing at Ensenachos beach and I have had a few other followers send me private messages and none of this was matching with my discussions with key staff that I am friends with at Iberostar Ensenachos, so yesterday I decided to email Brenda and ask her to clarify. Brenda responded yesterday with a lengthy email stating that first of all she does not have access to this forum and was therefore unaware of these discussions. She has told me that in Dec. she herself did approach a guest that was at the East end of Ensenachos beach near a family and she told them to either cover up or move west towards the grand villas section of the resort. Brenda has stated in her email to me that the West end or Grand Villas end of Ensenachos beach is and will remain a clothing optional section of beach. Brenda has also stated that she will make an attempt to contact those on the forum that are saying otherwise to clarify. I emailed her back again last night and asked if the resort has ever thought of putting a warning sign up on Ensenachos beach 1/2 way down stating that there may be nude sunbathing at that end of the beach and Brenda responded that this was a great idea so hopefully we will see a sign in the near future to warn families. If anyone has further questions please feel free to send me a message.

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

Well that kind of contradicts what she told me as well as another TA member (Andriana) on the subject. A few TA members both naturalist and non-naturalist asked me to enquire if it was still allowed on Ensenachos beach at the far end closer to the Villa to the villa area when I was there in December as there were a couple of reviews that had complaints and responses from Brenda about it namely the one linked below where Brenda stated that nudism was not allowed. She as well as other management members all stated that nudism was not allowed anywhere at the resort and I even witnessed one day the request to cover-up during one of my walks along the far end of Ensenachos beach near the VIllas. I know they do not go on the forum, and that is why they regularly update both Sunlover1960 and myself as to the updates at the resort so that we can report them back to enquiring TA forum posters. I haven’t heard anything on any change on the clothing optional front since what I was told in December, but if I do I will come back and post.

tripadvisor.ca/…CHECK_RATES_CONT

“As I have written in another review let me inform you that nudism it is not allowed in the hotel if someone reported that inmediatelly to our PR office will help us a lot so we could approach the guest and let them known that what they were doing it is not acceptable as we are in a family hotel.”

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

Sue B. if you would like to send me a private message with your email I will gladly send you a copy of Brenda's EMail, she did mention you specifically as a person that she would be trying to contact in her EMail.

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

Roshell, I am not saying that you did not get an email; I am just stating that it seems to be contradictory of what is being told to people, what was responded on TA reviews and I specifically asked if it would be OK at the far end of the villas as I have stated in posts before that I don’t see why it couldn’t be allowed and I was told no. Maybe they finally took that into consideration, I don't know. I am on the fence when it comes to naturalist and non-naturalist….Either way they don’t bother me (well maybe Borat wearing a bright lime colour mankini, LOL). From what I have seen in the past of naturalists at Ensenachos and as well as on Cayo Santa Maria is that they have been discreet about it, and basically you wouldn’t notice. Actually I would have not even noticed this time as I generally do not stare at people to see what they are wearing. It was only because this guy who jogged coming out of the water perpendicular to me, passed right in front of me and it was only at the last minute I noticed an appendage flinging side to side. ;-) And then on my way back from the "no-man’s zone area" (between the CO palapa and the villas palapas) I noticed that security was leaving and the people were covering up. I hadn't even noticed that there were others, it was only that security in a blue shirt blackish pants and shiny black shoes stood out on the beach like a sore thumb.

Brenda emailed me the night before last to give me some updates and did not mention anything about this, so I don’t know why if she is trying to let me know why she didn’t. I will send her an email.

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

no problem Sue, I just want to make sure that the people that go to this resort for this reason do not stop going when clearly there has been either a chance in policy or something. I am not privey to the information that Brenda has given you only what she has told me. I did also notice that the very latest review mentions naturism at the end of Ensenachos beach. As you said, I too am on the fence, I have done it at this beach but I don't always, really depends on whom is on the beach curing my visit. Send her a message, I am sure she will clear it up, but again, if you would like a copy of this email so you know exactly what the conversation was then feel free to send me a message and I will forward it to you. I am not your enemy Sue, but I do spend a lot of time at this resort and I do get emails pretty much weekly from key people at the resort. I love this resort for my own reasons and nothing that anyone can say in a review or on the forum will alter my opinion of it, only my own experiences will do that.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5,504 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

It would seem that a couple of multilingual signs indicting where the clothing optional section of the beach stops and starts would avoid a lot of fuss.

Even a couple of signs at the entrances to the beach pointing to where the C/O section is would help people who are uncomfortable with the concept, avoid it.

Not having any clear rules pretty well leaves it up to everyone's disgression as to how far to push the limits.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
946 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

Sue B, it's easier to sit on the fence when you're a woman, when your a man you've got too watch for the splinters when your in the buff,your cheecky,you saw a appendage going side to side,and you had too go back for a second look.ahahahahahahah.

Edited: 17 January 2014, 17:53
Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

oh guys! you crack me up:)

appendage swinging side to side....LOLOLOLO and I am at work right now:)

If you put a sign for c/o beach - it might be advertised with travel agencies that it is allowed and then the management will get into trouble for actually legalizing it on the beach.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,243 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

Seems to me management is vacillating on the official policy with respect to this. Until signs are posted could be situation dependent decisions that are being made...

Ontario
Level Contributor
557 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

sssnakes-alive, I agree totally, we have thought of this a few times but have never suggested it to resort management. I did suggest this to Brenda last night and she did respond that it was a great idea, then she sent me a "sweet dreams" I love the Cubans. Anyway, not sure if they will post a sign or not but I do believe it would keep families from walking into something they don't want to see.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,390 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: great news for naturists at Ensenachos Beach :)

I’m thinking of bringing my own signs. I wonder if that would be ok?