We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alacarts and Buses

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Alacarts and Buses

Wondering about the alacart reservation system. Is it the usual set up in the lobby first come first serve? I'm not sure how many we get, I'm assuming 3 reservations for the 3 restaurants, for a 7day stay. Odd there's no mention of that on the inclusions from Hola Sun. Anyway, how were the restaurants? Love to hear about some favourites :-)

I'm also assuming when we arrive on the islands, we'll be the first dropped off :-) and when we leave the island the last picked up :-) No drops offs or pick ups! sweeeet :-)

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alacarts and Buses

Larry, yes you register for your a-la-cartes at the Customer Service Office down stairs from the main lobby. I've never seen a line-up. Alternatively you can email requesting your a-la-cartes be pre-booked. Normally you have 3 per 7 day stay with most charter vacation packages, Air Transat Vacations gets you 4. If staying in the Grand Villas you get unlimited no matter what charter.

Bus...yes the first dropped off and the last picked up.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alacarts and Buses

Thanks again Sue :-) Don't you love "organized" I'm so happy right now! Again :-)

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
8,852 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alacarts and Buses

Just a bit of advice for all the NEW TA folks out there.

You can use the search engine to find answers to a lot of questions OR post your questions and people will gladly try to answer your queries

However do everyone a favour and think about your questions first and perhaps ask them ALL in one post rather than a new post EVERY time you think of another question.

That way you won't fill up the entire page of your destination forum with your questions !

Just saying !!!!!

Lenny

Quispamsis, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alacarts and Buses

I love new questions and comments...regardless if we have seen them before or not. In my excitement of going to this resort for the first time, I check this forum and Trip advisor comments everyday!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alacarts and Buses

Would you like that in essay form Lenny? Please try to bare with us excited newbies who are trying to get the freshest view on the latest happings from the fabulous IE! Things change like, there used to be a nude beach! I think it makes great reading for the new participants heading down for the first time. I think I'll go for the "or post your questions" option you've given us Len, thanks. Just saying, although I could say a lot more! Try doing what this forum is meant for, and sharing some enjoyment or disappointment not........ :-)

P.S. love to go for a long bike ride right now but it's frigen -15 and I haven't got winter tires for my bike!

Peace man!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alacarts and Buses

That's what I'm talking about Mag :-) Newfoundfriend :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
617 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alacarts and Buses

@Larry L we love all the restaurants that this resort has to offer. We have tried all of them over the years and enjoy each and every one. We absolutely loved the lobster thermidor at the Gourmet Restaurant which is located at the villas. In order to have dinner here you will have to pay $25. per person extra. It would have been nice if the Asian was open but it looks like it will be awhile.

Enjoy!!

Edited: 26 January 2014, 00:30
Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alacarts and Buses

I second what Andriana says abou tthe Lobster Thermidor! It is worth the $25 pp extra charge. If you are staying in the Grand Villa section there is no extra charge for this. If you are staying in the Park or Spa sections you have to pay extra for this a-la-carte (Gourmet restaurant in the Grand Villa section)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,544 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alacarts and Buses

Lobster Thermidor eh, sounds warm and inviting :-)

I read there's a Steakhouse in the Spa section?(no kids). I know the beef is not like ours :-( Stupid embargo thing! Had some really good lamb chops in Varadero last year, not sure what the beef was. That reminds me, gotta hit the freezer for some of that great Canadian beef, thanks Alberta :-)

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alacarts and Buses

Our friend had beef at the Gourmet that was really really good and tender. .. we were told it was because they got Alberta Beef. My steak in my steak in my surf 'n turf at the seafood was also tender comparable to home....I would say yes it was at least Canadian beef they were importing when we were there in December.