We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cuba newbies

canada
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
cuba newbies

after 41 visits to the dominican republic (and 42 coming up in sept) we are looking at trying out the iberostar cayo ensenachos with two friends in may. a few questions if you dont mind... if we stay in the spa section..that means no kiddos? does every room have a bathtub? that is important to me..if not ..what section to book to get a bathtub? is the in room safe included or extra cost? and is the tv a newer flat screen type that a netbook can plug into for our own movies and tv entertainment should it be rainy.

we are not high maintenance at all..just want a clean room..good pool..nice beach..decent food.

will this fit the bill for us?

thanks

Lynn

Conception Bay...
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cuba newbies

Spa Means no Kids. When we were there(were going back in April.) The room was clean, Both beaches are awesome. I never ever went hungry food was quite good actually. Pool was nice with the usual swim up bar. You may see bad reviews for this hotel and I never will understand it. The service also was great, in the lobby bar I never waited for a drink. Our room had a tub I think in the spa section. We are taking 4 friends with us this time with the posibility of 6.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,474 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cuba newbies

Greg, You'll have a great time. We had a bathtub in our room. Pretty sure it's standard issue all throughout.

Don't worry about the T.V. It only rains in the Dominican . lol.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
1,520 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cuba newbies

Memory serves me right the bathroom was huge and so is the balcony. Go enjoy!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
617 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cuba newbies

We have been to this resort 6 times and it is our home away from home. Yes this will fit the bill for you.....amazing beaches, beautiful pools, good food, clean rooms and yes they all have bathtubs!! As for the TV we did have a newer flat screen but hardly used it and by the way in our 6 visits it never rained during the day. We have been to the Dominican Republic but prefer the beaches of Cuba.

You will really love this place.

Conception Bay...
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cuba newbies

Still have 66 days to wait. I booked way too early :(

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cuba newbies

@gregnlynn, great choice with Iberostar Ensenachos. You will have a wonderful vacay! Tubs are standard feature and very large. Food is improved each year with different choices. Room are kept spotless. Safe is free and in the closet with keypad to make your own code. Spa area adults only(18+) with a new color bracelet in effect. Spa area pool is very quiet and serene. Drink service at both beach and pool. Flat screen TV as andriana42 said. Not sure on the plug in's but pretty sure that Sue B knows about this and she will comment. We only ever had the TV on while getting ready for dinner to see the news in Canada. When it rains we play crib or mingle in the lobby meeting new and exciting people from all over the world. It's one of the many pleasures of this resort. Go enjoy this wonderful paradise.

Derek is right.....65 days still to wait.......a long ways off.

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cuba newbies

There is a DVD/CD player in the room but no plug-in for ipods or the like. I've pulled out the entire system to look on the insistence of my hubby (see what I get for giving him an ipod for Christmas years ago....he is absolutely crazy about the thing ever since, :-). There are RCA and I believe VGA jack plug ins which I believe you would use to plug in a netbook. I am not positive though on the VGA. What type of cable do you have with your netbook?

canada
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cuba newbies

thanks everyone! sounds like this may be the right choice for us to begin venturing away from our beloved Dominican Republic.

Sue B I am not sure what kind of cable it is and hubby is at work so i cant ask him. I could care less about the tv but Greg is the type who likes to turn in early after dinner and plug in a movie, or on rainy mornings lay in bed and watch till the rain stops.

I am excited now. The pictures look lovely.

thanks

Lynn

Conception Bay...
Level Contributor
183 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cuba newbies

don't worry it wont rain

canada
Level Contributor
3,778 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cuba newbies

derek :) hopefully it doesnt rain, but rain has not ruined a vacay for me yet. Its a tropical island, and its far far from work, thats good enough for me!

Lynn