We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Just returned

Got back from IBE grand village section last night. Had an amazing vacation - best ever! If you have any questions please let me know. If you would like to see my pics let me know and I will send them to you.

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned

Glad to see you had a great time. Have you started you review yet :-) ?

Toronto
Level Contributor
285 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned

Glad to hear you enjoyed it. We're there in less than a week for first time. My wife is concerned about the insect bite comments she's reading. I try to assure her that it's similar to other places where we have gone in Cuba and the DR where you have to be careful at dawn and dusk but she likes her sunrises and sunsets on the beaches. How did you find the bugs?

Edmundston, Canada
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned

Glad to hear you had a great time Cairo. Any news on the Asian restaurant. Any time frame for its re-opening?

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned

They fogged morning and night for the bugs and it wasn't too bad. I found it better than in the DR. I got a total of maybe 5 bites in 2 weeks and my sister got a few more.

My review will be done over the weekend.

We were told that the Asian restaurant should be open in a month or two but that has been the story for a while now so who knows :-)

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
2,889 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned

Well considering we were told it would be open for our visit back in November 2012....yes 2012! I won't hold my breath. Didn't even bother hoping at the December 2013 visit.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
617 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned

Welcome back to winter!! Glad you enjoyed yourself and looking forward to your review.

Alberta
Level Contributor
4,590 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned

Any signs forbidding naturism on the beach?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned

lol...

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned

Nope, no signs anywhere and there were a few topless women. Didn't bother us though.........

Edited: 02 February 2014, 01:00
Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned

Glad you enjoyed your trip! I'm wondering if bottled water was readily available at the resort. If so, was there an additional cost?