We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

Pointe Claire...
Level Contributor
5 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

I am a Bell Mobility subscriber. Can anyone advise if there will be reception for phone and data

at Ensenachos?

Thanks,

John

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Camaguey, Cuba
Level Contributor
11,487 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

Yes, but phone calls can be expensives, and data is crazy expensive. Many forgot to turn off their data in Cuba and returned with 500$ bill...

Call Bell to ask them about the price and possible packages.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
619 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

I think it is hit or miss with cell phone usage. We were there in December and my brother who subscribes with Telus purchased a plan to use his cell phone in Cuba and could not get any reception to call out or receive calls. His phone did not work until we were on the bus going to the airport for our departure to Toronto.

Go figure!!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

My Fido (iPhone) worked fine. Not that I used it much, only exchanged a few text messages, but I had full reception (I checked the bars out of curiosity!)

Edited: 28 March 2014, 01:44
La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

I also had no reception at IBE last February unless we were off the resort. I had purchased a texting package to stay in touch with my daughters but ended up using the hotel computers to FB message them instead. Funny how as soon as we hit the causeway... Texts worked fine.

Mont Tremblant...
Destination Expert
for Cayo Largo
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

Which provider are you with, Travel4Fun?

I texted in my room, I was in Building 40, I didn't use it anywhere else.

Edited: 28 March 2014, 10:43
La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

Im with Sasktel. Could not send or receive texts anywhere on resort. I was there in 2012 though...perhaps things have improved since then?

7. Re: cell phone reception Iberostar enchenachos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:16