We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions for our May trip

Saint John, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
A few questions for our May trip

So excited to be going to Iberostar Ensenachos for our first visit to Cuba in early May! I have a couple questions:

I've heard that there is a lot of tourists who smoke in Cuba. Are there smoking and no smoking rooms at the resort? We are non smokers and would prefer a room that doesn't have a smoke smell. Has anyone had a problem with this?

Does anyone have information on the spa services? What do they offer and how are the prices?

How long of a walk is it from the spa section to Ensenachos beach?

Are there any fun events we should make sure to attend? Does the resort give you a list of things happening during the week? I saw somewhere that there is sometimes a beach part at night, when do events like this happen?

Any other information I should know about? Thanks in advance for the help!

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions for our May trip

The spa offers many treatment for singles or as couples. Different types of massages, after sun treatments, too many to list. They start from 25-30 cuc's and go up depending on what you are looking for.

Wednesday's are Cuban night and there is a beach party, weather permitting. There is a board listing all the daily activities in the main lobby. Different theme meal nights in the buffet as well.

The walk from Spa to beginning of Ensenachos...depends on who your ask. I'm an avid walker so it takes me about 5-6 minutes. Others take longer. You can catch a ride if the carts are going by but don't count on that especially if it's late in the afternoon when things pick up. The GM has been asking for some time to have a train going back and forth on a regular schedule but is being stalled by Gaviota.

I have stayed in all three sections and I have yet to smell stale smoke in any of the rooms I stayed in. I do not know if there is a no smoking in the room policy or not, perhaps there is. You can have non smoking room placed on your request by your agent. The lobby is a different story, plenty of smokers there. Some will go outside but others not so much.

There are lots of games, exercise classes, dancing lessons, Spanish lessons etc going on all day long. Most of the activities happen around Megano beach and the two pool areas. The Spa pool is much quieter.

Hope this helps in some way to answer your question. Any more, just fire away, someone will be kind enough to help you out.

Enjoy your stay!

richmond
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions for our May trip

I have stayed in Iberostar Ensenachos in 31 bungalow and never smell any cigarette smoke. Even when people smoke in the lobby you will not be bodered - I do not know why but it is different then in Canada. I live in Vancouver and if I smell smoke I am really sick but in Cuba never happened. Maybe different air - not poluted like here.

Just go and enjoy the most beautiful country in the world.

Have a great vacation.

Toronto
Level Contributor
285 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions for our May trip

Sunlover must be a heck of a fast walker lol. We stayed in Building 20 in the spa section, walked at a quick pace and it took us at least 10 minutes to get to Ensenachos. Aside from the road section, it's a nice walk tho. The road section can get pretty warm in the afternoon.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,141 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions for our May trip

Hola

That must be a Mexican 5 minutes; I walk fast and no way in that time….perhaps a good jog in that time.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,544 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions for our May trip

From the spa to Ensenachos would be at least a 10 min walk and that's if you are at a good pace. If you are going to Megano than 5-6 mins would be about right to the end of the boardwalk. We have stayed in 3 different rooms and none of them smelled like smoke. We were told that all the rooms are non smoking and that smoking should be done out on the balcony - not sure if that is true or not but that's what they told us when we indicated that we would prefer a non smoking room :-)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
173 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions for our May trip

The distance from the Spa section (near Spa building) to Ensenachos beach (near the beach bar) using the path in the Park section is 1.1 kilometers. At a normal vacation pace (in the 30+ C degrees) of about 4 kilometers per hour, it should take about 15 minutes. Pit stops at the various bars may increase your travel time.

LWH_OTT

Edited: 15 April 2014, 19:53
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Cayo Ensenachos
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few questions for our May trip

I walk at a very fast pace(my hubby has to jog to keep up)...I'm 6' and I walk 6-8km's a day at home so yes, I do walk very fast and as I said, that was my pace. I get in a zone and that's it! LOL In the heat of the day perhaps it was a bit more.

Saint John, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A few questions for our May trip

Thanks for all of the responses! So happy to hear no one has had any problems with a smoke-smelling room and the walk to the beach doesn't seem too bad. If I get tired, I'll take the suggestion from LWH_OTT and stop at a bar for a drink :)

The count down is on... leaving in 20 days!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: A few questions for our May trip

Can't recall all the pricing for the spa but I had the sea salt scrub @30CUC for 30 minutes and we had a 30 minute couples massage for 70CUC . However, they left 50CUC. Coupon in the room on the third day of our stay which we used against the massage. I think a 30 minute single massage is 50 CUC. Facials around 60CUC .braids are 50 -70 for a full head ,depending on hair length,8 or 9 each , I believe.

Saint John, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: A few questions for our May trip

Thanks for the info on the spa pricing BeachGirlOntario, that's extremely helpful. I'm thinking a couples massage would be nice, but maybe I'll change my mind after I see what else is offered. That would have been a nice surprise to have a coupon in the room, I hope we are that lucky lol.