We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Topic
airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

Hi

I'm travelling to Iberostar Ensenachos next week and we didn't get airport transfers. Can anyone tell me how easy is it to find a cab to get my family and I to the hotel from the airport? Is it safe to do this? And what is a reasonable fair to offer a driver?

Would it be better to ask our hotel to help us book someone or just try and wing it?

Any advice would be welcome! Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Ensenachos
Iberostar Ensenachos
5,686 Reviews
Cuba
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

Did you book hotel only or part of package?

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

we booked hotel and air separately...

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
15,713 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

Well you could try negotiating with the bus driver that is sure to be there to pick up incoming tourists. I am sure it will cost less than a taxi.

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

The transfer costs for each of us to take the bus was $120 each - so total $460 CND. It surely couldn't cost that much for a cab.

My worry is the bus may be full.

Any advice on how much I should offer the bus driver or a cab driver? In convertible pesos?

Thanks for your help with this!

richmond
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

I agree with ddcuba.

We had same situation. Our flight was with Air Canada and we asked Air Canada bus driver to give us a ride to our hotel. It was 5 of us and we got ride.It was 10 Cuban Pesos per person.

Nova Scotia, Canada
Level Contributor
14,913 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

“My worry is the bus may be full.”

STOP worrying ... you are going on vacation. For heaven's sake listen to ddcuba & Crotia95, and negotiate with a bus driver when you are there. Paying $460. in advance is larceny.

Perhaps one of the knowledgeable DEs for Ants ‘n Nachos will be along soon to confirm that.

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

Not an expert but just came back - we had a small bus for 20 going only to Ensenachos - the other buses were going to other resorts. Our bus was full. Didn't see a single taxi outside the Santa Clara airport when we arrived. Tour rep told us on the bus that a cab would be roughly $60 CUC from the airport to Ensenachos.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
9,478 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

" Some " resorts will arrange transfers for you IF you book resort only. What airline are you flying ? That may also make a difference.

LENNY

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,768 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

Hola

cost for a taxi is 65 cuc plus tip. one way. The bus if they have room will be 15 dollars to the head guy and say a couple for the driver....have done both.

cheers....only problem is how much luggage you have if your a family of 4...perhaps no room in the taxi..

cheers.

Ottawa, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: airport transfers for Iberostar Ensenachos?

Thanks for all the advice, everyone! Really appreciated! I am much more at ease now and will go for negotiating a ride with the bus driver.