We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

hello travel community!

to my knowledge there are 2 new lodges in or very near the park. one is the Murchinson River Lodge on the southern shore of the river Nile, pics on the web site look very nice. But there must be another new lodge which opened just this month. any information on the latter is most appreciated. regards

Eli

Waterfall Cruises - Murchison Falls
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Waterfalls
Nile Delta Cruises - Murchison Falls
National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas
G&C Tours Ltd
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

Hello Eli

Are you a tour operator, or traveller?

Check the thread, News Nuggets and Factoids, everything you want to know I think, is contained in that thread, I will bump it up for you. I think you are referring to the new tented camp on the northern boundary, run by Italians?

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

hello Shelly

first of all thanks for yr reply, I am new to this forum and am an independant traveller (since you asked specifically), in fact I will be visiting Uganda in August and only booked about 50% of the accomodations, as we will be carrying camping equipment, too.

I have not heard anything about a new tented camp run by italians, but of a new lodge near Pakwach. Any info on reasonably priced and well located lodges is appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

That's the one...

Welcome to the forum, you should be able to find lots of information on here. But ask away and we'll do whatever we can to help.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

hi Shelly

infact there are two new lodges near Pakwach, this is the info I recieved from Nature Lodges:

"quote"The Lodge is outside Murchison Falls, close to Pakwach but make sure you do not reach Pakwach and its also overlooking the Albert Nile. If you can see the Albert Nile, then you start looking for a sign Post of BWANA TEMBO( Another Lodge). The sign Post will be on your right hand side. If you reach the oil camp then you will have missed the sign Post. Follow the Sign Post of Bwana Tembo and take the 2nd road on your left. Then you will see our Lodge.

It is an hour drive from the Paraa Ferry to the Lodge."unquote"

Mentioned in this post
Murchison Falls
Murchison Falls
156 Reviews
Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda
Kampala
Level Contributor
2,127 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

virus-african

River lodge is not anew lodge in Murchison falls. It has been functioning for some time.

Nature lodges was supposed to open up a budget lodge in Murchison falls early this year and I think it is the lodge you are referring to.

Otherwise lodges run by Nature lodges including their services are super great

Surfers Paradise...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

Pakuba safari lodge will be reopened again by acasia safaris Uganda ,www.acaciasafari.co.ug.

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Kampala, Uganda
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

Hi all

Time for me to be a bit more active on tripadvisor.

I guess I can be of help in creating some clearity in this post, as I am the director of Nature Lodges.

Very happy to hear people are already aware that we have just started something new on the northern border of Murchison Falls National Park and even better to hear some consider us as good lodges with great service. Again we have choosen a nice location and tried to come up with an original concept. I have just created the page of Fort Murchison on Tripadvisor and hope that in few days time I can upload it with some pictures and a discription of the lodge. Expect the same for our website, which should feature our new property within the weeks to come.

We are indeed not the only one in the neighbourhood. Bwana Tembo, the lodge run by Italians (as someone has discribed) is our neighbour and at a mere 1 km distance from us

Mentioned in this post
Fort Murchison
Fort Murchison
148 Reviews
Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda
Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

Hello! Thanks for that update - we look forward to your listing and then we can check out your website.

Good luck with it all.

Kampala, Uganda
Level Contributor
139 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

we hope you find help with lodges.

Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new lodges in Murchinson Falls NP

hi Ruben

just a month away from our trip to Uganda. I am sure you will be happy to hear that your "girl" Diana at reservations is a jewel, she has been by far the most professional and kind email contact I had during the planing stage of our trip. I am looking very much forward to our stay at QE bushcamp and at Kibale where we shall spend 2 days each.

hi community

thanks for all the valuable info you all share on this platform

sunny winter greetings from Argentina

Mentioned in this post
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Argentina
Argentina
South America
Get answers to your questions about Murchison Falls...