We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

Which Unawatuna hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Paradise Island...
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

I stayed here recently and in the middle of the night while sleeping somebody broke inn and stole over 2000$ worth of stuff... they had teh key and knew EXACTLY where all my stuff was in the pitch black it obvously was the owner, therewa other clues that pointed to him. He also kept trying to get into another room that night a solo 19 year old girl. she had to lean against the door all night to keep him out. she got a look at him and was 98% sure it was the owner.

my advice DO NOT STAY AT THE VILLAGE INN..

stay anywhere else!

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

hi , sorry to hear of your bad experience in unawatuna, i hope your luck changes on your holidays soon as judging by your previous posts, bad luck has been following you around quite a lot lately .

i suggest you do your homework and stay at well reviewed places this will help you avoid the negative experiences that you seem to have had recently .

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

what did the police do when you told them, deviluva?

whilst i don't dispute your experience maybe you can tell us of some positive experiences that you had in sri lanka this is helpful to future visitors and gives your negative experiences credibility .

Paradise Island...
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

Actually I ONLY go on here to tell people about things to stay away from.. My Posative experiences I dont feel the need to share on the internet...Usually if i really like a place its because its not crowded, so If i were to start naming all the places I liked.. they would soon be rather unlikable for me.. does that make sense?

Im sick of businessess that are "in the guide book" taking advantage of their status and not caring about quality and OR ripping people off because they know someone else will be along in no time.

thanks.

JK

Edited: 28 March 2010, 12:28
4. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 March 2010, 14:51
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

DeviLuva,

You joined TA yesterday ONLY to post your negative experiences? That will not give your posts much credibility. At least they will not influence my decisions.

Hans

Paradise Island...
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

No prob Hans.

you have your methodology and i have mine. Im here to warn people about a few things that ive encountered this year travelling. period.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,048 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

"what did the police do when you told them, deviluva?"

?

Paradise Island...
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

The police did nothing.. he seemed to be a person of interest to them.. they knew him.. but they did not pursue it further..

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
Level Contributor
11,048 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

a tourist complaining about hotel owner stealing from guests, and the same hotel owner trying to get in to a girls room and police doing nothing?

that would make a good movie :)

but seriously, can you blame people for not believing you :) ?

Paradise Island...
Level Contributor
28 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Village Inn Unawatuna ---- Warning---!

What are they going to do with no proof?..

Im a tourist and they Don't really care.

Im not sure how long Youve spent in developing countries but I have been living and working over here a quite a few years..I have seen LOADS of instances where police have been involved the most ive EVER seen cops do is write a report. And that counts for Zilch.

This isnt CSI.

Edited: 29 March 2010, 11:57
Get answers to your questions about Unawatuna
Recent Conversations