We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unawatuna or Dalwella accomodation choices

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,129 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Unawatuna or Dalwella accomodation choices

Hi folks - tried to get into the Thaproban for next year (Penthouse rooms) but they're full so I'm looking for other similar options. I've stumbled upon The Villa Boutique Hotel which I believe is in Unawatuna, beachfront and looks okay - they have Deluxe rooms available.

And I've stumbled across Amanda Beach Villas which I believe is in Dalwella (sp)? Again, it looks nice.

Finding reviews has proved a pain; here on TA, the reviews for Amanda Beach Villas include at least one which has been posted incorrectly and looks like a review of The Villa Boutique Hotel, and there's a poor review by a disgruntled customer.

So, is anyone familiar with either of these properties and can tell me about them, even if it's only location? For instance, with The Villa being central (from what I understand) are there any problems with noise? Is Dalwella far from Unawatuna? Is it easy to get a tuk-tuk between the two places?

Any other recommendations would be appreciated, looking for beachfront preferably, max budget $120USD per night, not backpacker or basic places.

Cheers folks.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
57,469 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unawatuna or Dalwella accomodation choices

Amanda is also in U'tuna, just a slightly different part. See the address at their own site

www.amandavillasunawatuna.com/location.html

which clearly also refers as Unuwatuna.

The Villa is not in the quietest part of town

http://www.villa-unawatuna.com/

but should be okay at night except for Fri. and Sat. evening when the restaurants nextdoor hold late parties.

No direct experience with either.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,129 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unawatuna or Dalwella accomodation choices

Thanks for the advice, and especially the part about the potential for noise in The Villa.

Cheers.

3. Re: Unawatuna or Dalwella accomodation choices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2011, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Unawatuna
Recent Conversations