We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any reviews for 'Long Beach resort, Koggala in sri lanka??

Delhi
2 posts
Save Topic
Any reviews for 'Long Beach resort, Koggala in sri lanka??

Hey, We are booked at Long Beach resort, Koggala for December. At the time of booking the resort was still to start operations. Can u help us with any reviews about the hotel. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Koggala
Koggala
Galle District, Sri Lanka
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any reviews for 'Long Beach resort, Koggala in sri lanka??

Hi Shrutii77, I have also booked at the LBR for Christmas holiday. We have friends who have just called in to check all is well. Unfortunately the news is NOT good. At the time of writing the restaurant and bars are not functioning nor is there any chance of them doing so in the next 3 weeks. All people are sent next door to the Kogalla Beach Resort which is a MUCH lower standard. As I live in Sri Lanka I am travelling down Monday 19th to check it out for myself.

I have spoken directly with the manager (to make sure he is at the office on Monday) and he is immediately talking discount.

I will keep you informed!

Norwich
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any reviews for 'Long Beach resort, Koggala in sri lanka??

I was starting to wonder of this place existed! I did put two and two ogether when I saw on a hotel site that it was built in 2011. And, have obvisouly just seen this topic. I hope it works out for you both.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
2 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any reviews for 'Long Beach resort, Koggala in sri lanka??

Hi Shutii77

Very bad news im afraid. I visted the LBR today and it is a mess, the restaurant/bar/reception/entrance/beach access/most rooms/lifts not working or not completed. All LBR clients will be accomodated for food/drink at the Kogalla Beach which is at best a "tourist" class. We had breakfast courtesy of the manager and it was POOR! Restaurant should be called canteen to be honest.

I wish I could add pictures!!!!

We have cancelled and taken a full refund, the place is just not fit for purpose. Just a note of caution ALL other hotels in the vacinity are totally full.........

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any reviews for 'Long Beach resort, Koggala in sri lanka??

It's now completed but just doesn't have any spa or gym facilities etc. it does have free wifi.

5. Re: Any reviews for 'Long Beach resort, Koggala in sri lanka??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2013, 10:18