We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Service or Shuttle in lieu of Taxi to Bayeux??

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Car Service or Shuttle in lieu of Taxi to Bayeux??

We are arriving on the overnight ferry from Portsmouth, and will need to make quick work to get to Bayeux to join our Normandy tour.

There won't be enough time for me to shuttle into Caen and rent a car to make it to Bayeux by 0830 (car rentals open @ 0800).

I've never been to the area before, and am interested if their are taxis readily available at the early morning hour of 0645 on a Monday morning at the ferry port.

Can anyone recommend a car service or shuttle service that might be more reliable arranged for in advance and possibly less expensive?

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Hampshire, UK
Bayeux
Bayeux
Calvados, France
Caen
Caen
Calvados, France
Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,469 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Service or Shuttle in lieu of Taxi to Bayeux??

I think your only option is a taxi at around 75€.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Service or Shuttle in lieu of Taxi to Bayeux??

Thank you, cpmac. I've ready many of your posts on the area, and appreciate the response coming from such a reliable source.

Any clue if the taxis are readily available at that early hour (0645) or if I would need to run down a taxi company in advance to arrange?

Bayeux, France
Destination Expert
for Bayeux, Basse-Normandie, Mont-Saint-Michel, Caen
Level Contributor
3,469 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Service or Shuttle in lieu of Taxi to Bayeux??

I can't be sure that taxis would be waiting, but if you look up pagesjaune.fr (yellow pages) and put in taxi at ouistreham you'll come up with

Taxi ouistreham

114 r Gambetta 14150 OUISTREHAM

.02 31 97 39 41

there's a link to send a mail.

Mentioned in this post
Ouistreham
Ouistreham
Calvados, France
Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
54 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Service or Shuttle in lieu of Taxi to Bayeux??

Just to close the loop on this for others...

When we arrived on Mon, 10/4 @ 645AM, the Tourist Information booth was staffed. She graciously called a taxi, and one arrived within 5 minutes.

The cost was 66.80 €, and took about 40 minutes.

Thanks for the help!

5. Re: Car Service or Shuttle in lieu of Taxi to Bayeux??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 April 2011, 06:42