We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

Hi,

Im off to Stalis next June with my girlfriend. Im just wondering what Stalis is like. Are there plenty of cocktail bars?

Has anyone seen the Panorama Studios, meant to be a minuite from the beach?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

Hi there

Stalida is quieter than it's noisy neighbour Malia and is more geared towards couples and families. Having said that, there are still loads of places to eat and drink and you'll certainly find a choice of cocktail bars. The beach is very good and sandy too. I don't know of your accommodation but try Googling it to find some reviews and maybe some photos.

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

Thanks for your help. Thats great. Cant wait to go!

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

We've not long come back from 2 weeks in Stalis and had a great time. Lots of bars and places to eat but as GB said nothing like Malia.

Our favourite restaurants are Amici (Italian), The Jasmine House (Chinese), Jannis Golden Heart and Katerina for Greek/general dishes.

I can't help you with the apartments sorry.

northern ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

I stayed next door to the Panorama apts, and yes they are directly across the road from a beautiful beach. You are also next door to a fabulous itailan restaurant ( i cant remember the name but it is always packed so you wont miss it ).There are a few cocktail bars, and it can be as peaceful or as rowdy as you like. It is a brilliant resort, the locals are so friendly - you will love it !!!

Crete, Greece
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

You are headed for one of the most touristy spots in all of Crete. You will be mostly surrounded by UK holiday makers whose only goal is to get drunk. If you want a more authentic Cretan night life you need to be in Iraklion where the locals enjoy the night spots, clubs, cafes and the evening strolls by the outdoor cafes. I haven't a clue why the tourists all head for Stalis, Hersonissos, Malia, etc. which are just over priced, tourist traps and nothing remotely Greek about them! You can stay at home and get drunk without spending all your cash!

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

Well i know we didnt stop in panorama, but we did have a nice time in Crete. stalis itself is good for couples, as it has bars without the typical 18-30's, get ur kit off for the lads, kinda attitude.

we had a brill time in the bars and got on with the locals really well! and i do know that there were plenty of cocktail bars in stalis, as i do love me cocktails!!!

to me the best bar in stalis was the bar which has lots of fairy lights and had these swinging chairs! but yeah didnt really have any problems in stalis. we did venture to malia one night, but to be honest unless you want 18-30's dont go there!

Wirral
Level Contributor
75 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

Hi Andy,

I'm off to Stalis next June with my boyfriend as well.

I don't know about the apartments but from what I can gather from reading other posts on here it's nicer and not as 'in your face' as Hersonissos next door is.

We're in our mid-twenties and when we booked we wanted a good hotel in a nice area with some lively-ish bars and restaurants. If that's what you want then I think Stalis is the place to go.

Hope you have a great time. I can't wait. 10 months and counting!!

Kate

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

Hi there

I'd have to disagree with the comments regarding Stalis. It's certainly not full of drunks who all tend to congregate in Malia. Of course, that's not to say there aren't some folk who go to Stalis and get out of their tree every night, but you'll find that in any resort, ANYWHERE. Stalis has successfully marketed itself as a "family/couples" resort for several years and bears little or any resemblance to Malia

It's obvious why people go to Stalis - they go to have a good time. It's not everyone's idea of a holiday to go charging off to archaeological sites and the like, some just want a week or two of sunshine and good fun, after all, the summer here has been awful this year. Lighten up a little, it horses for courses after all, each to their own.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

Oh, I'm just curious about how you would be able to " stay at home and get drunk without spending all your cash". Is booze free in the UK then....?:-)

newcastle
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Whats the nightlife like in Stalis?

I am returning to Stalis in Oct with my husband, we got engaged there 3 years ago. It is a great destination for couples.

We have the Newcastle nightlife at home so we wanted a relaxing atmosphere but with the choice of venturing out to a busier spot if we wanted (Malia etc). We didnt want to leave Stalis at night as it was so nice and we enjoyed the peace and atmosphere of this resort.

I too disagree that it is full of drunks, maybe this person got the resorts mixed up.??

We are counting the days to our holiday.

Any questions feel free to email me Bellvb74@aol.com

Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations